Monday, March 14, 2011

Wet n Wild Bali and Sumatra and a Bittersweet Goodbye

I'm showing you a combination today that I've showed you once in the past, Wet n Wild Sumatra layered over Wet n Wild Bali.  I'm showing it to you because I know it's one of my friend Amber's favorite looks to rock.  I'll expand on my reasons for this below, but here it is on me:





Two coats Bali, one coat Sumatra.  Pretty, pretty, isn't it? 

Today Amber is leaving me.  She's leaving Cleveland (*sob*) to go off to California (**SOB**) and find whatever life has in store for her.  She's leaving to do this:



(okay, so this is a picture of her sitting at a drafting table at IKEA because I made her do it, but you get the idea.  She's leaving to be the best damn architect EVER)


We've known each other since we were...seven?  Maybe?  We went to summer camp together at the YMCA and we've been friends ever since.  She's one of the kindest, funniest and smartest people I've ever met and I'm lucky to have her in my life.  It's a bittersweet day; on the one hand, I'm sad...beyond sad, really...that she's leaving Cleveland.  On the other hand, though, this is probably the best thing that could have happened to her.  And I hope she finds what she's looking for in Los Angeles.  I know she'll be back for visits and I know we'll keep in touch, but I can't help but feel forlorn at the thought of her not being a car-ride away.  You may remember some of our shenanigans:



at west side Melt Bar & Grilled (nice nail polish, girl)


Forcing chocolate-covered pomegranate seeds to wear glasses and be hipsters like we try to be; at a free screening of Scott Pilgrim vs. the World


City Buddha in Cleveland Heights

I'm not the most optimistic person in the world, but one of Amber's many talents is that she is always, and I mean always able to put things in perspective for me or snap me out of a funk.  It's not every day you find a friend like her, and I'm thankful.  Any architect-y firm-y thing would be lucky to have her.  Amber, I'm going to miss you like crazy.  Good luck.  I know you'll find what you're looking for.  Show Eli Broad and LA who's boss (it's you).

Join me, if you will, in wishing Ms. Amber the best of luck.  I know she'll appreciate it.

Love you, boo.  Safe journey.  And remember, all you do is win.

12 comments:

  1. Good luckkk Amber!!!!

    I know what you mean.. My friend Kathy has decided to leave Bellingham and move to Arizona to go to a culinary school. It's not happening until at least the fall but still. I'm happy for her but bummed at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sad for your goodbye :( :( But I love the St. Patty's-ready green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only realized my nails were St. Patrick's Day themed when someone asked me if they were. Drat. Unintended. But thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. baaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww, i was so sad when my best friend moved from california to new york. we still keep in touch and not too much (if anything) has changed RE: our relationship and our dynamic. once it's love, it's always love!

    good luck amber!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, *tear*. Good luck Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to Amber! It's always so tough when friends move! On the bright side now you have a place to crash for some awesome cali adventures =)

    And sumatra is <3. I like how it's a yellow-y green

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck Amber, I'll be calling you when I win my millions so you can design my home

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'll hold you to that one, Nina ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHH TEARS ALL OVER MY FACE AHHHHHH

    Thank you so much to the lovely readers of Steff's blog, and as always SO MUCH LOVE to my favey-fave Estephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness!! I never knew that wet n wild had polishes with those names!! I am from Bali and I am actualy here right now. Such pretty greens, i definitely have to look into these once i get back to america lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could see those tears. In a nice way, not a creepy way. Okay, partially in a creepy way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have pictures of myself sitting at one of those same drafting tables, only I guess not at the same Ikea. I drooled over it.

    I like when polishes remind you of people who like them or who gave them to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!