Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Zoya Kelly

Hey guys.  I'm back (briefly) today to show you a polish that you've seen a hundred times before on other people, but not on little me.  So here's Zoya Kelly.





A gray creme.  A dark gray creme.  BUT!  Not just any dark gray creme.  No, Kelly has a little purple thrown in.  Actually, on a lot of people Kelly looks like it pulls way purple, but on me she looks pretty blue.  Honestly, I thought I'd like this one more than I do.  It's nice, don't get me wrong, but I'm just not in love.  Application, though, was fan-freakin'-tastic.  Almost a one-coater.  Zoyas don't last long on me, so I think I'm going to slap some China Glaze White Cap on top and see how it fares.  I got this at a salon for 30% off.  It was in a sad little basket with other fall Zoyas.  They had to live in that basket when the spring colors came out.  My wallet wasn't loose enough for me to rescue more than one, though.  At least Kelly has a happy home.

That's all.  My Winslow Homer research and writing is coming along [sort of] decently, although I got almost no work done yesterday.  I put myself in a position where I knew I wouldn't get anything written because I'd run into people I know, but I did it anyway.  Maybe it was my brain's way of telling me I needed some respite.

Aaaaanywho, thoughts on Kelly?  Likes, dislikes?  I know I'm totally behind the times on this one, but I tend to like to wear darker colors in the spring and summer because the sunlight really brings out their nuances.  I guess I'm an anomaly.  

9 comments:

  1. I'm not diggin' it...it just doesn't have that pop I like in a good grey.

    Not sure grey actually ever pops...you know what I mean though.

    I tried a Milani One Coat Glitter in Purple Gleam...it's seriously never going to come off. Ever. Like I might need a sandblaster to remove it. Have you ever tried any of the One Coats?

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlotte, the only Milani "one-coat" glitter that I have is Gems, which I'm pretty sure was designed to look sparse and not one-coat-y. Well, obviously, since it's dupe-y to Lippmann Happy Birthday. Anyway, I'm not a huge fan of glitters, so the removal isn't worth the look for me. That having been said, if I was going to choose one I'd probably choose Purple Gleam. It looks pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Kelly because I thought it looked so awesome on every finger in the blogosphere, but it doesn't lean purple on me, it is purple on me. I am uber disappointed about that. In fact, if anyone is interested in it, let me know. I'm open to swapping it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised it looks so dark on you! I thought kelly was lighter. I was thinking it leaned blue, but after reading your comment, I definitely see the purple. I really want a dark grey, but I'll probably go with SOPI break a leg-warmer which is another dark grey that leans slightly blue (I think). I'll have to take a closer look next time I go to sephora!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Found that Drug Mart has a great OPI selection. Bought Hawaiian Orchid and Tickle-my France-y.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I. LOVE. DRUG MART. It sure saves me the runaround.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Discount drug mart saves you the runaround, you'll find everything you neeeeed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Northeastern Ohio regional drug stores FTW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pics I've seen it looks purplish. I like the color though. I'm not crazy about Zoya but I'm trying 2 more colors due to their BOGO, lets see.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!