Monday, April 11, 2011

BLACK LABEL: OPI Tinsel Town Taupe

Oh hey!  I told you I'd bring you guys something new this week!  And by "new" I obviously mean "old," because this is an awesome black label OPI, Tinsel Town Taupe.







I am deeply sorry for the state of my cuticles.  I don't have a lot to say about this one, because it's pretty perfect.  The nice putty color is great and right on-trend for this spring even though this is from a really old collection (I think?).  The application was great because this is of that old chemical-laden formula that we all love so much.  I did two coats.  The color reminds me of wet clay.  This might be because I've been spending days poring over Bernini terracotta models and sketches, but there it is.  So I guess this color is appropriate for me right now.  I put it on my toes too!  I love neutrals on my toes. 

This is another one from that package I got from Gail, by the way.  Not being able to paint my nails very much is KILLING me because I have so many pretties that I want to try.  I also just got a package from my buddy PerryPie with some awesome-looking Joe Fresh polishes therein.  So excited!  When the semester is over (in three weeks, holy crap) I will be back to the bloggin' full-force.  I miss it when I don't do it.  It's my happy place.

So, what are you guys thinking about Tinsel Town Taupe?  Elegant, isn't it?  Thoughts?

17 comments:

  1. I love this color. I wish I could get my hands on it. It's simply perfect!!! I love it on you.

    Good idea putting neutrals on the toes. I never thought to do that. I think I will tonight!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors always look so Chic on you, love it. Hope you don't go insane in your last 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous on you!! *wants*

    ReplyDelete
  4. L.O.V.E.! There's always a place in my heart for milky, taupey light creme neutrals. I do think the Christmas-y name is kind of funny. It doesn't strike me as a holiday color. Speaking of which, I saw a bunch of OPIs (which I presume to be black label, but didn't check) at Nordstrom rack, and thought of you =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great on you! I looked it up, and it's from the Hollywood Collection, Fall 1999!! Party like it's 1999, baby! (No, don't . . . write your paper!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dovey, I don't think the name is meant to be Christmas-y, just evoking Hollywood. But yeah, I can see why you'd get a Christmas-ish picture in your mind. Nordstrom Rack! I'll have to go check it out. I miss the one on State.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might be the only polish lover who doesn't love the old kerosene smell of black labels polishes. He he. I didn't know this one; it's the perfect taupe for fair ladies - probably better than Country Club Khaki. Or alike?

    It's good to see you blog - I hope all will be well until the end of the semester! Me want Steph to post more. But me knows Steph has no time.

    PS. I've lost your adress, stupid gmail/mail application conflict that I'm too lazy to explain here. Shoot me an email again with your addy, I have 2 or 3 lovelies for you that are getting bored to wait for you in the drawer of my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oops, reference fail. I guess tinsel-town makes sense now, though I do think more of reds for old hollywood. But I could be wrong, and should probably stop surmising while I'm ahead =P

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOoh, I love it! Reminds me of my beloved Orly Country Club Khaki (more lovingly known as the CCK!) :X

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does look like CCK, and since I prefer OPI, I now need this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You. Have. To. Post. More. Often. I don't care you have school on your mind. So do I. Your posts help me maintain my sanity. Silly-little-chemical-colorful treats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. olga, I can offer you one more post this week and at least one next week, but that's the best I can do. School on my mind is an understatement. Two and a half more weeks of constant research and writing and I'll be all yours. Metaphorically, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's sad is that I can't even remember what nail polish application was like back in the day with all the chemicals...sigh. I wasn't as into polish as I am now. In any case, the shade looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this color...I used it several times at a nail salon and decided to purchase. Turns out it's an oldie and not available (except on ebay and the buyer wants $33 bucks for it..my max would be $15) but I did find a comparable color...OPI Tickle my France-y. You should post about that one! Great pictures, by the way.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!