Friday, April 29, 2011

Coral Fixation: Chanel Orange Fizz

Oh hey Friday.  Nice to see you.  So, everything that could have gone wrong with this polish went wrong with this polish for me.  I put it on at around 8pm, and around 2am when I was home and getting ready for bed a huge chunk came out of it while I was unbuttoning a particularly difficult button on my vest.  Then when I woke up I had sheet marks all over my left hand.  Not cool, Chanel Orange Fizz.  Not cool.  But you're really pretty, so I'll give you a pass.






Chanel Orange Fizz, I believe from the spring of 2009, is really, really close to my perfect coral.  It's just a little, teeny bit darker on the nail than it is in the bottle; if it looked exactly on the nail as it did in the bottle, I'd call it perfection.  It's not too pink, it leans just slightly orange, and it's really lovely and soft-looking.  I personally had issues with the formula.  It was really thick, and after two coats I noticed weird bald patches, so I did a third.  Then apparently it never dried, as you can see in the pictures of my left hand.  Maybe I just have to be more careful and use thinner coats; I don't know.

Now you might say, "Oh dear Stephanie, it's too bad that your [almost] ideal coral is Chanel and so terribly expensive!"  I would say that you're sweet for the lament, but that we can find a dead-on dupe of Chanel Orange Fizz at any Ulta store for 99 cents.  It's Essence brand, it's called What Do U Think?, and I've misplaced my images of it.  I assure you though, that any differences between What Do U Think? and Orange Fizz are not detectable to the human eye.  I may even have given away my Essence polish because I have the Chanel, but I can easily pick up another one for under a dollar if I feel like I have to.  And there is the solution to our Chanel price-hike, at least in this one instance.

Any thoughts on Chanel Orange Fizz?  Have you sprung for this one, like me, or have you contented yourself with a dupe that costs pennies?  

Happy Friday :)

10 comments:

  1. Sheet marks are the bane of my existence. And I have no shame in buying a dupe if I don't think I'm missing anything major from an original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rocking coral too right now: Zoya - Elodie. Have you tried it ? Got it from a swap and I'm really pleased with it (i've posted about it too).

    I think there's a Catrice polish (I scram peach!)which is a dupe for a Chanel polish but I'm not sure for which one ;(
    This one looks nice on you though.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madam I know FOR A FACT that you gave away the Essence dupe, because you gave it to me! Sadly it is not one of the polished I brought to LA, so we can't be bi-coastal twinsies. Yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I held my breath as I saw this color, knowing there is a dupe for $1 I think I'll run to Ulta to get that one

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I may have given it to you, Amber friend. I'm glad I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stephanie! The new Essie coral - Too Too Hot - is fab. I saw it at my Walgreens and immediately thought of you. It's very bright and much darker than Orange Fizz, but super pretty. I've got pics on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pam, I think I saw that collection at my Walgreens this week. I'll have to go back and check them out again. I saw a nice blue too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty, and creamy! Looks tasty, kind of like a tropical smoothie =P

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is very pretty and perfect for Spring ;) Too bad they don't carry Essence in Canada (as far as I know) because I wouldn't hesitate to get the dupe !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Essie Tart Deco seems to be another great dupe/alternative, probably less orange, and it's available in Canada. I bought the Chanel too, and I had the same experience with the application. It's sad really to pay that much for an "okay" product, at best. If I'd known, I would've jumped the Essie.. and I still might!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!