Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Essie Splash of Grenadine

Sunday I was walking down my street in the morning, on my way to my car to drive to my mom's for Easter brunch, and I noticed that the trees have little green flowers on them.  I had been so busy writing my final papers, cooped up in Starbucks and the library, that I hadn't even realized that spring is everywhere now.  It's a late spring, though.  Last year right around this time everything was in full bloom.  I remember because that's when I wore Essie Splash of Grenadine for the first time (I posted about it here).  Seeing the little buds on the trees made me want to wear that polish again, so here it is for a second time.






It's sunny today!  Deceptively.  Because I know it's supposed to death storm around 3pm.  But for now I'm glad I got up early so that I could see some sunshine.  I don't know what it is lately with me and pink.  I don't normally wear it.  But what I do like so much about Splash of Grenadine is that it refuses to be categorized as either pink or purple.  It is emphatically both but neither one at the same time.  It does nice things for my skin tone, too.  This polish looks really lovely on my mom, also.  She had me buy her a bottle at Ulta last spring because she liked how it looked on me so much (and I wasn't giving up my bottle).  This was three coats.  Two would have been fine, but I did three just because.


Well, I'm pretty much finished with school.  My last class was yesterday.  I finished both of my final papers and turned them in.  Now all I have left is the compilation of a portfolio for another class.  This semester was not fun.  The reading was intense.  The writing was more intense.  I'm glad it's over, but I'm also a little sad.  The other day I said to my boyfriend, "Do you think this is the best time of my life?"  He responded, "Maybe.  But it might also be the worst."  Hah.  That's him; optimistic for me.  He balances me out, because I am never ever optimistic.


Anyway, all that's left now, besides this portfolio, is carting masses of books back to the library.  I do not look forward to this endeavor.  But I've found myself writing down call numbers for books on Whistler and Jasper Johns.  It's going to be a fuuuuuun summer, I can already tell.


Thoughts on Splash of Grenadine?  I know there are those out there who love it as much as I do.  How could you not?

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on finishing up school!!! I remember the feeling!!!

    I adore this color. I agree, neither pink nor purple which is probably why I enjoy it on me. Usually I do not like pinks on me. I try to but they never look right. This one is perfection. Shiny, almost jelly like. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so great! i love this color :) congrats on school being ova!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so pretty! This one I'm gonna have to hunt down for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loooooove this polish on you!! I don't have it, I might have to look for it though.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. For some reason, I like to call it "heliotrope" even if it's not an exact match to the Pentel marker or flower, though it does match the Wikipedia color bar. SoG is perfect for when I want to feel super dainty and feminine. I love this polish! It's even in my Top 20.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wikipedia color bars. You are deceptive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for being done with school. That color really does look amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a little more intense than that :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. core, mine's not! Looks just like these pictures. But ive heard that there are two different varieties of this polish floating around...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That color is gorgeous!!!....I have to go out and get that now

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my favorite nail polishes. It's just..... perfect.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is! And as I was walking on my campus today I passed a magnolia tree and remembered how similar the colors are. So. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!