Wednesday, May 11, 2011

China Glaze Cherry Pie

Sometimes I'm afraid that people are going to get a little bored of this blog because I haven't been showing any new things, but there's a reason for that.  Pretty much everything that has been released recently kind of bores me (but I'm looking forward to when I can get my hands on some of the OPI Pirates polishes).  The only release that I'm kind of salivating over is OPI's fall Touring America collection because there's an olive greeeeeeen.  Anyway, I just keep showing polishes from my stash that either a.) I haven't ever worn or b.) I love a lot.  I hope you guys are okay with that.  Today I have another very dear to me shade to show you, China Glaze Cherry Pie.





As you can probably tell by the haggard state of the bottle, Cherry Pie is one of the most beloved polishes in my collection and it gets a lot of [hard] love.  It's my favorite type of red, a very warm one, but it's special.  It has that gorgeous China Glaze glass fleck going on, where the base polish is jelly-ish allowing the shimmer to sear and sparkle through a semi-opaque layer.  The glitter itself is pink, so although this is a very warm red the pink glass fleck ends up cooling the polish down really nicely.  I can't get enough of this shade.  I actually think it's the only polish that I own out of the 2009 China Glaze Summer Days collection, but I also really, really want Raspberry Festival and have for a while.  What you see in the pictures above is three coats, though two would have been just fine.  The formula is a little runny, but nothing you can't work with, I promise.

That's all for today.  Thoughts on Cherry Pie?  Typing that name keeps making me hungry...

18 comments:

  1. I like seeing old stuff! Often the blog-s-sphere is flooded with the new stuff and THAT can be boring! Also, I get excited when I see a post about an older polish that creates a new love because I can usually find it for a discounted price (which my wallet loves!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving it! And I love seeing random polish of random collection released in a random year. I think we all get pretty tired of new collections showing up everywhere! And so you (re)discover some beatuy. And Cherry Pie is one I can never get sick of. The day I'll get my greedy little hands on it will be the day I'll dance the konga on the streets. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your blog just as is thank you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Raspberry Festival! If you can get your hands on it, do... it's great for pedicures too, and has that same juicy look. Strawberry Fields is also worth it, if you're in the mood for a pink :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that color, and your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cherry Pie is awesome and I think I'll put it on next! I like it when not-new polishes are shown because it reminds me to go use them and I have plenty to use up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't even worry about showing older polishes; it's one of the main reasons I follow your blog! I am sick to death of the Pirates collection, because it has taken over . So your older polishes are a breath of fresh air (like when you showed OPI Bare It In Trafalgar Square, and I HAD TO HAVE IT).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! I just received a Kreativ Blogger award, and I wanted to pass it on to you! Hope it's OK to leave the link here:

    http://gksagenda.blogspot.com/2011/05/k-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never been inclined to seek out Cherry Pie before now but oh my gosh! gorgeous! I MUST own it!! Darn you and your good taste making me want to spend money!!
    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, your old stuff is new stuff to me! So, keep posting. I love this polish; it is so sparkly. And, I'm dating myself, but I keep hearing Warrant's "She's My Cherry Pie" in my head. Blast from the past!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't mind one bit if you're showing old polishes instead of new-it is your blog after all! :) ps-I got raspberry festival from head2toe beauty last year... Maybe it is still available?? Although I'm guessing you'd have had it by now if it was.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The title makes me so hungry for pie!!! The color even reminds me of the warm gooey artificially red fillings... Mmmmmm. I'm really excited for Touring America too, although skulls and glossbones from pirates does strike my fancy as a nice neutral

    ReplyDelete
  13. The thing is, even though there are some color differences in each companies seasonal collections, they all follow a certain pattern most of the time (spring/pastel, summer/bright, fall/vampy, winter/holiday). It's NICE not to be seeing the flavor of the month on EVERY blog.

    When I first stumbled onto nail blogs a year and a half ago, it was the older ones I was seeking out, just to find all the fab colors I had missed when all my polish buying was done at the drugstore. Raspberry Festival was my first online purchase, lol. All the '09 Summer Days collection are still pretty easy to find online, I lust after Orange Marmalade but know it would look awful on me (dammit), but I have four of the six and I think you've inspired me to drag out Grape Juice for tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love seeing old(er) polishes posted on blogs, seeing only new collections is kind of predictable and we go thru them so fast, a little slowing down and turning to old loves is never a bad thing. I do it often myself.
    I love Cherry Pie too, was on my toes often last summer. I plan to dig it out again very soon

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this color! i've got one which looks like this, but from Sephora in Flamenco:)
    http://aaleexaa7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like old stuff too! Sometimes it's way too much overexposure to see the same release EVERYWHERE at once, you know? :) How's freedom treating you?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Freedom is treating me decently ;) Although I have work, plus an internship, plus a class starting in June, plus two projects going...so it's not really freedom at all. But at least I'm not writing papers.

    And thanks guys! You're all so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I agree with all of the above comments, I've been reading back through your blog and it's nice to see something different!

    Anyway, good news about Raspberry Festival (AND strawberry fields, which is OMG GORGEOUS!), I bought all three of them on amazon for like $14 including shipping!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!