Tuesday, May 03, 2011

China Glaze Classic Camel

I hate showing chipped polish, but I couldn't get around to photographing this color until about 36 hours after I had applied it.  I'm not sure why it chipped so badly on my middle finger, but it did.  And I'm sad.





I waited forever to wear this polish.  It's from China Glaze's Vintage Vix fall collection.  I don't even remember which other polishes I have from this collection, but I know that I wasn't wowed by any of them (especially if I don't even remember which ones I own...).  That is, until Classic Camel.  I knew I'd love it when I bought it, but I wasn't sure how much.  Well, I can tell you that I love it a lot.  It's kind of like melted caramel, except more yellow than brown.  Does it look nice with my skintone?  Well, not exactly.  Is it chic as hell despite its semi-ugliness?  Yes.  The gold glitter gives it a little extra oomph.  I wanted to love Ingrid as much as I love this one, but that one looked like literal poop on me, sadly.

All of these other little obligations keep popping up for me even though I'm done with classes.  Yesterday was a surprisingly full day of being on campus.  Tomorrow and Thursday will be the same.  I just want to sleeeeeep.  And I have been.  I've been seemingly physically incapable of getting out of bed before 11, and I am ashamed.  Funny story!  This boy at Qdoba mustered up the courage to ask me out yesterday.  I say "boy" because he's twenty years old.  He asked me if  I was seeing anyone and when I said yes, he had the balls to ask if I was happy in my relationship.  Hah.  Oh boys.  

Thoughts on Classic Camel?  I know I'm super late in posting this one, but I'm on my own schedule.

11 comments:

  1. I actually only just added this colour to my want list. I passed it over when it first came out for some reason or another but now I feel as if I just HAVE to have it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the color on you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, in a few more years that won't seem like such a disparity in ages. Trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A twenty-year-old boy has the maturity of a twelve-year-old boy. I have an old soul. I can't handle that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so totally agree. My boyfriend is eight years older than me. He's 30. I have an old soul too.

      Delete
    2. I also love that you didn't budge even when Sandi told you to "trust" her. You know what you want and stick to it. Kudos.

      Delete
  5. Hey Stephanie, Just wanted to say that I'm loving your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this color. I've only worn it once for some reason, I need to break it out more. It's on the verge of being ugly-awesome! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked it when I saw it on pictures, but when I got it and tried it... ugh, I hate it! So dissapointing :( Looked awful on me. I think it's the only nail polish I own that I will actually NEVER wear again. I do like it on you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely ugly-awesome territory.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!