Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Coral Fixation: Rescue Beauty Lounge Starfish Patrick

I have had a deep and intense love affair with Rescue Beauty Lounge Starfish Patrick ever since it came to me in the mail in December of 2009.  It's hard to capture on camera because of its squishy, luxurious jelly quality, but I do my best whenever I wear it.  Yesterday was particularly sunny here in the CLE, which allowed for better-than-usual images.  Behold.








The truth is that I wasn't so into coral before I met Sfish P.  After I used it for the first time, though, I decided that everything in my life needed to be coral; hair accessories, outerwear, eyeshadows, lipsticks, dresses, tights.  I now own a plethora of coral things, and it's really all thanks to Sfish P.  

As I mentioned, this polish is a jelly.  It's not really meant to be worn opaque, but I like to get rid of as much visible nail line as possible so I wear it with four coats.  It's nice at three too, but I prefer to use the extra.  The downside to this is that it takes a while to dry and, of course, my precious bottle gets used up more quickly.  But look at the results.  This is my very favorite Rescue Beauty Lounge polish (and I own a lot).  I would buy this one again in a heartbeat.  If you want one too you can get yours for $18 here.  Is it worth the money?  I think so...but I think all of my RBLs are worth what I've paid for them.

Side note.  My dad is adorable.  Last night when I left my parents' house I texted him from a gas station:
Me:  Gas is $3.59 at Bradley and Detroit!
Dad:  Go girl!
LOVE HIM.  He empowered me as a woman because I found cheaper gas.  <3

So, opinions on Starfish Patrick?  Is this one on anyone's list for RBL purchases?  Does it not appeal to you?  Let's hear it.  It's my opinion that the praises of this polish have not been sung nearly often enough.

9 comments:

  1. Okay, okay, you've convinced me that I need this! I've been putting it off because it's sheer and I was afraid I'd find that annoying, but it really does look awesome on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You DO need this! Everyone needs this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dad IS adorable! My parents both have an ongoing competition to see which of them can get the cheapest gas. They are also adorable when they get all into it.
    That polish looks awesome on you. On me it would look terrible. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is rather hawt. Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing on you! It's still in my untrieds, but now I have a new excitement to finally bust it out! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, that's such a cute dad message!

    As for Starfish Patrick.... oooo jelly!!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Not much else to say about that, this shade is perfect for you, it makes your hands look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm like 2 years to slow to catch onto RBL but... i think i've found my perfect coral shade through you. it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!