Thursday, May 26, 2011

Forever 21 Light Grey

Yesterday I was apparently strolling around a Forever 21 blissfully unaware that there was a scary maybe-tornado raging outside.  I'm thankful for this because if I'm aware of any even sort of severe weather I completely freak out.  While I was there I got myself a new little polish (and a necklace.  and also some earrings).  





As I'm sure you can see, Light Grey isn't gray at all.  It's a metallic silver with gold shimmer.  Normally metallics really aren't my jam, but in the fluorescent light of the store the gold shimmer really jumped out at me as unique and I decided that I just had to take it home.  The formula was fine, if a little sheer; I used three coats.  There are visible brushstrokes, but that's par for the course for a finish like this.  It's a pretty polish...and for only $2.80 how can you go wrong? 

So I'm totally exhausted.  Every Wednesday my boyfriend goes out with friends and then usually comes in between 1 and 2.  I wait up for him, all anxious and excited to see him and hug him, every Wednesday.  But last night I had to call him and ask him not to come because I just couldn't bear the thought of falling asleep and then being woken up.  Now of course the first thing I thought when I woke up this morning was, "...Where is he?!"  Then, "Oh yeah.  Not here."  I am just absolutely mentally and physically exhausted and I'm not quite sure why.  I have a good idea about the mental part (I've had a long week; a really long week), but I don't know why my body is so tired.  I'm afraid I may be getting sick.  One of my co-workers at Coffee Inc. was sick last week and she put her sicky hands all over EVERYTHING.  I tried to sanitize stuff when I got there but I probably didn't do it well enough.  Also another girl I've been obliged to be around lately has been coughing a lot, often times in my face.  This does not bode well for me.

Day off today, though.  Taking my grandma to lunch and maybe stopping at Ulta, so that's a bright spot, yes?  Opinions on Light Grey?  Are you into the gold shimmer like I am?

3 comments:

  1. I'm into the shimmer, not so much the brushstrokes.

    It sounds like you could really use the day to relax, and also get some extra sleep and fluids to fight off any potential illness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not crazy about the brushstrokes either, but they're not so bad.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!