Friday, May 20, 2011

NEW Tracy Reese for Sally Hansen Salon Delphinium

Last year I hunted for the Tracy Reese polishes like no one's business, as I'm fairly certain we all did (Hidden Treasure, anyone?).  The other day I was in Walgreens buying some bobby pins when I spotted the spring 2011 Tracy Reese display.  Hallelujah, that was easy.  I only picked up one, but I'm fairly certain I'm going back for another one now that I've seen a few swatches.  So here's my first pick, Delphinium.





There are some sheet marks on the polish, so for that I'm sorry, but you've got the idea.  Delphinium is a lovely, slightly grayed out lavender.  I'm not crazy about purples, generally, but throw some murky gray in there and I'm all over it.  I think this will be nice on my toes too, since I like to wear muted colors with my crazy sandals.  The formula on this was really great and I only needed two coats.  I always lament about the brushes on these Sally Hansen polishes, but the more I use them the more I really get the hang of them.  All in all, this was worth $6.99 to me...and I'm glad I didn't have to hunt for it ;)

Oh, and just for fun, these are delphinium flowers (I had no idea what they looked like)...


Really pretty, right?  I actually made this my desktop (the image is from delphinium.co.nz).  

Well, I had exactly one week off from all the pressures of...everything.  Starting this week I went back to work at Coffee Inc., began an internship, was officially given the position of co-chair for a big symposium that'll happen in February 2012 and I'm starting my responsibilities as a graduate liaison for yet another symposium.  In between making lattes, phone calls to donors and work for the internship, I'm also writing a proposal for an exhibition that would potentially go up in January or May, depending.  I also found out that I'm a TA for Art History 101 in the fall, which I think will end up being a lot of work...but at least I don't have to think about that until August.  I thought that summer would be a nice respite from the stress of school, but it's turning out to almost be, dare I say, worse.  I had to take a lot of deep breaths yesterday while I was in a traffic jam on my way to work and try to tell myself that I am capable of getting everything done.  I hope it's true.

BUT at least it's getting warmer.  Here's the view from my little balcony.


Everything's greener, but it's still a little chilly.

Anyway, that's enough complaining from me.  What do you guys think about Delphinium/the rest of the spring 2011 Tracy Reese polishes?  Some look really pretty and some look kind of meh, but I feel like this pretty grayed out lavender is a total win for me.

12 comments:

  1. At Walgreens? Only place I've seen these around here is Target and Delphinium was all gone by the time I got there. It will be mine, though, one way or another. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Walgreens. I heard they were at Target too, but I stumbled upon them by chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not seen these in person yet, but from swatches, Summer Plum looks nice. (Although the last thing I need is yet another vampy purple.)
    Good luck with everything this summer! Just think of all the awesome stuff you'll be able to put on your resume!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen any from this collection as of yet, but I'll be keeping my eye out for them. I agree this particular shade is a winner

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful color..must have it! **grabs handbag and rushes off to Walgreens**

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, Summer Plum does look nice, but not quite original.

    Pixie Polish, check Target!

    Dye-A-Graham, I hope you find it :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost bought Delphinium a couple days ago and talked myself out of it. Perhaps I need to rethink that decision!

    And all your summer stuff sounds like great experience for post-grad school real life

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found this color at my local Target, all alone and on sale for $5! I just had to have it, but I wasn't sure what collection it was from. Thanks for clearing it up for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi stephanie! love your blog (new to me) nd i really like this grayed lavendar. usually grayed anything doesn't excite me, as with my dark complexion the color just looks blah but this one might be a possibility! would love it if you could check out my beauty blog sometime...blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. janna, you're right. It's good experience. I just wish it didn't make me so tiiiiiired :(

    Kathleen, glad I could help!

    janel, I checked out your blog. Thanks for lookin' at mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw the display at Target today, and snatched up Delphinium. Something about it was nagging at the back of my head, so when I got it home, I compared it to OPI Done Out In Deco, and they're very similar. DOID is a little darker, and has less gray, but pretty close.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh yeah. It does remind me of Done Out in Deco. Good call, Apriltini. I never use the OPI, though, and grayer purples are totally my calling.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!