Tuesday, May 17, 2011

OH HEY SHINY THINGS YAY

On Sunday evening I had to opportunity to go hang out at Legacy Village in Cleveland at a blogger event. White House, Black Market and Charming Charlie were generous enough to show us some dresses and accessories, and I got to meet some lovely ladies, eat tasty food and of course look at sparkly things at Charming Charlie.  My friend Amber used to work at the west side Charming Charlie, and she lovingly refers to it as Cha-Cha, which I've always thought was adorable.  I'm definitely addicted to all things sparkly, so Cha-Cha calls to me.  It also feeds my blingy ring addiction.  This blog definitely could have been called "Easily Distracted by Shiny Things" instead of "Short 'n Chic."  My skin looks crazy red in all of these pictures.  The lights in the store evidently didn't agree with me.



Blingy turtle friend.



YES.



A veritable cornucopia of owl rings.  Oh, how I love owls. 



This was my favorite ring that I tried on.  First of all, love double rings.  Second of all, adore owls.  I see only good things coming out of this union.

For myself, I bought a pair of sunglasses (you all didn't forget about my addiction to sunnies, did you?  I feel like I bombarded you with images of sunglasses last summer...) and a scarf.  Behold, new sunnies.




I love these because they have that slight cat's eye thing going on.  Also, they were under $15 ($14.97), which makes me happy on the inside.  I also love the color; not quite white, not quite silver.  Chic, modern and retro at the same time?  I think so.


And here's the new scarf ($9.97).  I'm wearing it with a black H&M dress (fall 2010) and a navy H&M belt that came with a different dress (spring 2011).


Here's what happens when a polish blogger tries to finagle the self-timer on a camera.  An interesting photograph ensued, so I'm putting it up. 


And I like this one for artsy reasons.  Plus you can see my MAC Heartless lipstick.

So, that's all.  The Cha-Cha event was fun and I was grateful for the invitation.  Today I start back at work at Coffee Inc., so I'm a sad panda...but I'll still have another polish to show you tomorrow!  Does anyone have any favorite accessories from Charming Charlie?  I have a nice long vest from there that I love, plus their fake pearl section is to die for...

18 comments:

  1. LOLing at the zombie skeletor Mona Lisa in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, Adrianna! That's just my style. I forgot that was visible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great with the scarf and belt! Really cute outfit!

    And I LOVE the double owl ring! I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the rings! And also noticed the skeletor Mona Lisa...that's my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, the double owl ring was TEH BEST. And under $10.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So are the sunnies from Cha-Cha or from White House/Black Market?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the owl rings! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. In my family we call it the magpie gene, apparently it's an XX trait, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG OMG - the peacock ring! How can I get it, how much is it?! Help - I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not sure if I'll ever be able to un-see the scary skull Mona Lisa....halp.

    Btw perhaps this will amuse you if you haven't already seen it?
    http://www.someprints.com/prints-by-graphic-nothing/mona-lisa-remix-print-by-graphic-nothing.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahhh, sorry! I'm the worst blogger ever for not answering these questions sooner, so here goes:

    Christen, the sunnies are from Cha-Cha. $14.97.

    jenmas77, the ring is from Cha-Cha and it was, I believe, under $10. It has a stretchy back, so it's kind of one size fits all.

    sparris, I didn't mean to scar everyone with my scary Mona Lisa hologram. It's a Halloween decoration that I loved too much to take down. I just checked out that link and it's super awesome. I'd definitely hang that in my living room. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ahhhhhhhh that peacock ring! I would've bought a dozen, just in case. sounds like a super fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks nail nerd! Sadly, with my occupation as a barista giant rings just don't make sense. But I love to look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's an .. interesting way to wear a scarf. I've never seen that before. It looks cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS. I forgot to say that I also love the sunglasses and owl ring.

    Also, what do you have on your nails? It's a pretty color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. kellie, it's MAC In the Buff. I showed it in a previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for featuring Charming Charlie in your blog!! We have added your blog to our blog mentions page on our website. It’s a page we created exclusively for showcasing Charming Charlie blog mentions!
    http://www.charmingcharlie.com/blog-mentions

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!