Wednesday, May 18, 2011

OPI Brand New Skates

I'm so upset that I couldn't get a decent photograph of this polish.  Trust me when I tell you that it's absolutely gorgeous, and if you don't believe me then click here to see a really awesome image taken in what I assume is direct sunlight.  Otherwise, here are my crappy, overcast, god-dammit-it's-the-middle-of-May-and-it's-forty-degrees pictures.






I only included the last image because you can kind of see the flat gold flakes that really light up in the sun.  I was ECSTATIC to find this polish at Nordstrom Rack the other day (along with a bottle of OPI At Your Quebec and Call...which I left there and didn't buy because I have one, but SERIOUSLY, how often do you come across treasure like that?).  Brand New Skates is from an OPI holiday collection of yesteryear, maybe 2008 or 2009.  It's small gold flakes and multicolored shimmer in a semi-metallic grayish slate base.  If you like gray polishes, metallics or just things that sparkle, look into picking this one up.  I don't think you'll regret it...I'm just sorry my images can't even begin to do it justice.

Edit:  The sun came out, but only a little.



Didn't really help matters though, did it? 

I started back at Coffee Inc. yesterday after not having worked a shift since December.  I'm so out of practice at this whole here's-your-coffee-smile-smile-have-a-nice-day stuff.  I'll be back into the swing of things by the end of the week, I'm sure, but for now it's a bit strange.  At least I didn't burn myself on anything!  I count that as a win.  Of course after I spent eight hours making coffee for other people I realized that I didn't have any coffee filters at home and I had to stop at the grocery store.  Isn't that just the cutest.

Any opinions on Brand New Skates?  I'm pretty smitten with it...you just have to see it in person, I promise!

4 comments:

  1. I love this i bought it on a whim at the nail salon back in 09'. so glad i did! one of the only polishes i have worm more than once! It's so prettty! looks great on you tooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I literally just took this off! I recently found it at CVS, love it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color!! Sadly, I think it suits your skin tone much more than it ever would mine :'(

    I've been following your blog for awhile, and I love it--I'm a grad student too and actually live in the area as well--and my jaw pretty much hit the floor when you mentioned your find at Nordstrom Rack. OPI At Your Quebec And Call, you say!?!?! At Nordstrom Rack!?!? I think I'm going tomorrow--maybe they'll still have it, ahhhhh....*crossing fingers*

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!