Tuesday, May 31, 2011

OPI Sparkle-icious

I don't normally buy or wear glitter.  Last week, though, the beginning of my week was just...terrible.  I was totally emotionally wrecked by Thursday afternoon.  Wrecked enough that I literally wanted my mommy, so I drove back to my parents' house to stay for the weekend.  On my way there I went to Drug Mart (a northeastern Ohio drug store) and I was shocked at their OPI selection.  It was bananas.  They had a whole huge display of discontinued and newer colors, and for some reason I was really attracted to sparkle.  Maybe it was because I was sad and wanted to feel pretty; I don't know.  But here's what I came away with.  Oh, and the nail on my index finger completely ripped off one day at Coffee Inc., so that's why it looks so sad.






My boyfriend picked me a tiny flower.


Someone at the museum was wearing glitter nail polish last week and I thought to myself, "Well, that doesn't look too terrible!  Why don't I wear glitter, again?"  I'm sure when I try to remove this I'll remember.  OPI Sparkle-icious is from the Burlesque holiday collection of 2010.  It's just many different colors of glitter suspended in a clear polish, the predominant colors of which are gold and purple.  Throw some green in and it'd be a good Mardi Gras polish.  I do really like this.  Three coats shown here.  It's nice and sparkly and it does kind of make me happy.  But I hate the name.

Anyway, any thoughts on this one?  Does anyone have a favorite glitter polish that I should definitely own or try out?  Let me know :)

11 comments:

  1. I like it! I wanted it when the collection came out, but never picked it up.

    One of my faveourite glitters is Wet n Wild Teal of Fortune. It's a jelly type glitter that is really a bit easier to remove than full on glitters and the colour is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought Deborah Lippman's Happy Birthday and while I loved my nails while it was on, once I was ready to take it off it was a major pain! I think glitter's only a once in a while option for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks nice, but I don't really do multi-colored glitter. Theres a glitter polish I like from Sally Hansen called Strobe Light. I usually layer it over colors on my toes. :) Also, I've never tried it, but I'd really like to get Bubbly Bombshell from ORLY. I think it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I just discovered your blog and I absolutely love it! Yesterday I applied "Waves of Enchantment" from Wet and Wild's new collection. It's stunning - peach, gold & pink shimmer, AND glitter. Never received so many compliments on a nail polish before. Who would imagine for $2.00?!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should try OPI Mad as a Hatter from the Alice in Wonderland collection! I looove it. I hope the glitter made you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bailey, Wet n Wild has some good stuff, that's for sure. Teal isn't really my jam, though. But I do love me a jelly.

    Adrianna, glitter removal always sucks no matter what. Ugh.

    caneriva, I have Strobe Light! I like it.

    Nancy, thanks for alerting me to this Waves of Enchantment business. I haven't been able to keep up with blogs AT ALL so I didn't even know about this collection! I'm officially on the hunt.

    Laura, I saw Mad as a Hatter but never was interested. I have Absolutely Alice and I'm just kind of meh about it. I think this Sparkle-icious one is an okay stand-in for Mad as a Hatter--it's just predominantly gold instead of silver, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope this week is treating you a little better. I don't have this polish, but it looks great on you so maybe I'll go back and grab it. I like glitters more in summer, and I currently have Finger Paints Purple Palette on my toes. I'm also loving Orly Here Comes Trouble right now, butnI think my favorite glitter ever is China Glaze Dorothy Who? There are pictures on my blog at http://digitdecor.blogspot.com/2011/04/china-glaze-dorothy-who.html .

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's such a bummer that glitter is such a pain to get off, because it can look so great on! This polish is no exception, it looks awesome on you! I hope it cheered you up :) I just bought Deb Lippmann's Across the Universe and I'm pretty smitten with it, but I have to really be in love with a glitter to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog so much! I have added you to my blogroll and referenced this post today. Check it out and add me to your list if you like what you see!
    www.fingerspolishmania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sarah, thanks. This week has been better. Glitters are pretty, but after scrubbing at my fingers for a solid 25 minutes I've decided I only need to wear it twice a year or so. ;)

    Ana, thank you.

    beauty-obsessed.com, Across the Universe looks totally gorgeous. It's beyond my price point, but I'd love to try it.

    Jennifer, thank you. You're sweet.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!