Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Essence You Belong To Me

I love Essence.  It's so nice that if I see something I like or might like I can pick it up guilt free.  At .99 cents their polishes are a steal.  I felt no guilt about picking up You Belong To Me, a robin egg blue that leans slightly green.  Maybe it's turquoise. 








The only complaint that I have about this polish is that holding the itty-bitty bottle for pictures is a little awkward.  Other than that, it's great.  The brush on Essence polishes is small and flat, kind of like a mini-Pro-Wide.  It makes application really easy.  You Belong To Me only needed two coats for full opacity; for such a light color, that's great.  Color me pleasantly surprised.

The other delight that I found at Ulta last weekend were NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams.  They've garnered a bit of buzz in the beauty community and I think they're new for 2011.  There are 11 colors in the line, and their schtick is that they go on smoothly like a gloss and then dry to a matte finish.  I love them.  All the colors are named after cities.  Here's Monte Carlo.


Great color pay-off and wear time with these.  With drinking and eating expect to have to reapply within about four hours.  Here's Amsterdam.


And here's Stockholm.


Clearly I am seducing you with my nude lips and preppy Target cardigan.

These are $5.99 and worth every penny.  If you like matte lip products, check these out.  I'm particularly fond of Stockholm.  It's a great nude color for every day.  I'm wondering how similar it is to the Viva Glam Gaga 2 lipstick and Lipglass pair.  I have both, so I'll have to check that out and get back to you.

K, that's all.  What do you guys think of Essence You Belong To Me?  Essence seems to be coming out with new colors pretty frequently now.  It's nice!  Also, anyone else tried these NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams?  I think I'm in love.

23 comments:

  1. The Essence polish is beautiful! I love the caption on your last pic, hysterical! The NYX lip cremes look really nice!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I didn't know what to call that Essence either--soft green? greenish blue? Whatever, I had to have it.

    I have not even heard of these lip creams--given I rarely remember to put on my lipcolor, I probably should skip these--but maybe they'll motivate me to use them. Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm loving Amsterdam especially with your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Essence color and I really like Stockholm on you. It's a beautiful nude!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Essence color, so gorgeous!! And only 99 cents, WOW! Great deal. The lip colors look super pretty on you btw(:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the polish color! And I love the look of Stockholm and Amsterdam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really loving Stockholm! The nude lips and your eye color go so well together! Am I allowed to ask what's going on the background of the Stockholm pic though? There's something on your couch that looks a large curly hair =P

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a fabulous color! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's my super fuzzy blanket! Reminds me of a hyena pelt. It lives on my couch lately, but in the winter it's on my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What I really love in this post is that gray checked blazer!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Rachel. I got it from Urban Outfitters for $9 because it was missing all of its buttons. I got some silver and pearl ones from Joann's for under $1 and sewed them on. This jacket is one of my favorite articles in my closet even though it took a little work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had no idea I was susceptible to being seduced by you - but that nude lip and cardigan are WORKING for me! :) (I got quite a laugh out of that particular photo caption - thanks!)

    These all look great on you - I just may have to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are seriously inspiring me to wear something on my lips again. Loving all those colors on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Beliza. It's the power of Target. NEVER underestimate.

    ReplyDelete
  15. this one bubbled horribly on me, it's a nice color but really bad formula. Loving the lip creams, sounds interesting

    ReplyDelete
  16. No joke, I'm sitting her at work wearing that same cardigan. I picked it up two weeks ago and I've already worn it twice now. It's so adorable and easy to coordinate with nail colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that polish! How would you compare it to For Audrey? Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. G, sadly I no longer have For Audrey. I gave it away to a better home because I never wore it (hate the formula). But just judging from what I remember and other swatches, I'd call You Belong To Me a bit greener. I think that it's easily mistaken for mint in some lights, so they might not be that close. Sorry I could do a better job answering your question!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love Stockholm on you! The shade suits your skin tone perfectly. As for the polish, while this color doesn't flatter my skin at all, it looks great on you. And Essence are the perfect size and priced polish for those days when you just crave a new shade on the super cheap. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ahahahahha... I'm a first time visitor and you got me hooked right from the start with that Dr. Strangelove bit at the top.
    I'm becoming a follower and will link you n my own blog.
    Loved the sense of humor.

    Really?? You get Essence for .99 cts? Those tiny ones are around 1.49€ in Portugal..
    damn!

    www.fazendoesmalterapia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!