Monday, June 06, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Catherine H

The other day on my day off I was kind of bored.  Typical; I complain about having too much to do, and then when there's a day when I don't have to do anything I'm bored.  Anyway, I decided to start watching season two of The Tudors.  I had watched season one back in December or so, and I enjoyed it but...not enough to go straight into the next season.  As I sat there watching Jonathan Rhys Meyers over-act the shit out of Henry VIII, I decided now might be a great time to use my other RBL Tudor wives polish, Catherine H.  I showed you Anne here, but I hadn't gotten around to using my other pick yet.  So after much fanfare, here it is.








When I took Catherine H out of its perfect little blue and brown box I thought, wait, why did I buy this?  I don't even like blue.  Well friends, I like this blue.  It has this lovely grayed and weathered look to it, and absolutely STUNNING pink and gold shimmer.  What you see in the above images is two flawless coats.  I couldn't stop gazing at my nails in the sun while I was driving to work.  Hazard!  I wasn't sure whether or not it was cruel to show you Catherine H since it's sold out on the site, but I had to share my newfound love for Ms. Howard. 

I'm really happy, almost a year later, with my two picks from The Real Housewives of the Tudor Dynasty collection.  My only regret, and it's a big one, is not picking up Jane (I just love me a nude).  Oh well.  Live and learn.  Any thoughts about Catherine H?  Did you guys splurge and pick up any of the polishes from this collection?  I'd love to hear about it if you did!  :)

Oh, and happy Monday. 

12 comments:

  1. Love this! I love Anne too. Want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually very pretty! I've never used an RBL so now I'm curious again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this one too and your right about the grayed out qualities it has <3. I don't like my blues bright but I love them dusty like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought Anne a few months ago & then beat myself up about it since I shouldn't have been spending money. It was worth it though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how do you decide the spacing when you leave a gap between your cuticle & the start of your polish?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stupidly swapped Ms. Howard away. And then I was sad and it was sold out. So I bought Smooth Sailing(I know, I know, not the same but it fulfilled the hole of longing I'd created).

    Jane is dreamyyyyyy


    but I really love Catherine H. on you =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous, I'm a bad person to ask about that because I don't even think about it. I kind of just let it happen. Sometimes it looks nice, sometimes it doesn't. There are tutorials out there that involve acetone and a craft paint brush for precision, so if you really want a nice-lookin' gap then check those out. Sorry I can't be of more help!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought Anne shortly after they came out, and loved the hell out of it initially. My love has faded a bit, though. It's gotten a tad thick on me, and I'm always super careful about closing bottles properly. Maybe my love will be rekindled in the fall. Love Catherine H!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't splurge on any of the RBLs, but I think Jane (the nude) would have been my choice. Love nudes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely shade on you!!! I didn't manage to pick up any of the 'Tudors' collection and I am so regretting it. I won't make that mistake again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pam, I know what you mean about thickening up. Grunge, one of my favorite RBLs, gets thicker the more of the bottle I use up. The formula is still good (so far) but it's a little annoying when I've paid so much for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh! I SO wanted Catherine H, but alas, it was not to be. It is just as beautiful as I thought it would be. I'm SO sad they discontinued it (and Concrete Jungle, one of my all time favorite polishes, evah!)
    Supposedly BB Couture has a dupe for this in their "man collection", but I don't remember offhand which one it is. But I'm gettin' it. Love their formula as much as RBL's, too. (Plus, it's less expensive...)
    But this is beyouteefullll on you. I can totally grock why this blue turned your head!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!