Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Wet n Wild Waves of Enchantment

The other day in my post about OPI Sparkle-icious I asked you guys if there was a glitter polish that you love that I should probably check out.  A reader named Nancy mentioned Wet n Wild Waves of Enchantment in the comments.  I hadn't heard about that polish before so I Googled it.  And then I knew that I needed to have it.  So thank you, Nancy!  It took me a while to hunt down the new Mermaid's Cove collection, but I finally found it at a CVS.  Ah, the thrill of the hunt.






Stunning!  I love this.  Waves of Enchantment is a lovely rosy coral absolutely packed with gold glitter.  You need to see it in real life.  It just twinkles in the sun, and in the shade it glows.  With two coats (shown above) I had slight VNL, but it's more visible in the images than it is in reality.  I'd never tried these fastdry Wet n Wilds before, but the formula and brush were pretty nice.  For $1.99 I don't think I could ask for any more.  If you like pinks, corals or things that glitter, I recommend that you run, do not walk, to your nearest drug store and snatch up Waves of Enchantment.  It's too beautiful to miss.

And a bonus picture that I thought was funny.  I was Downey Wrinkle Release-ing some of my clothes so I hung them on my curtain rod to dry.  When I walked into my room later it struck me as hilarious that you can totally tell my favorite pattern to wear just from this little snippet of my closet.  Behold.


All-over flower pattern FTW!  The dress on the left and in the middle are both Target and the skirt is one I actually yoinked from my mom's closet (thanks/sorry mom!).  I think it's from Talbots.  I just love the mustard color of the flowers.

That's all for today.  Has anyone picked up anything else from WnW Mermaid's Cove?  I pondered the collection for a while but in the end all I came away with was Waves of Enchantment.  And I'm so pleased with it! 

15 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I haven't found this collection yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I've been searching my Rite-Aid, Walgreen's, and Meijer for three weeks and haven't been able to find it. I don't have a CVS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is nice! It reminds me of a lighter, pinker Zoya Rica (Summertime collection). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This color looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That totally looks like it should be in a Zoya collection! Very pretty :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's insanely close to being a Zoya Rica dupe, just for a lot cheaper:]

    Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh my goodness, I think I NEED this because I passed on Rica and I have been regretting it ever since! AGH! IT'S SO FREAKING BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys! Shows how much I know about recent Zoya releases, huh? But it's always fun to find dupes, right? And for so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need this colour! It's gorgeous! Looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you tried and liked it, Stephanie! One day last week while wearing WOE, I had coffee with a friend. She kept saying, "Wow. Can't take my eyes off your nails. That color looks like a sparkly sunset!" Had total strangers ask me what it was. In all my years of wearing Chanel, Dior, Butter, Lippman, etc. I NEVER got so many compliments.....and who would imagine from a $2.00 Wet and Wild!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks so pinky-peach on you! I haven't seen these in store yet, but I haven't been looking religiously. I'm nearly 100% sure this shade would look terrible on my skintone.

    hehe, nice floral prints!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Waves of Enchantment! This has to be my favorite pink polish. It looks good on you to!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nancy, sometimes it's the little things in life!

    ReplyDelete
  14. purty! I love it when it looks all gold plated, very awesome. I've been wearing Essie's Absolutely Shore for the days now, but I love it SO much.

    Also, have you noticed Sinful Colors has been coming out with copy-cat collections of OPI and Essie lately???

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this collection and the orange color jumped at me - "Magic Trident". So I have the orange; haven't worn it yet. I was on the orange kick last summer and I don't have one like that yet. It looks suprisingly neutral yet happy and summery on my hands.
    Now I think I will get this one too. I am not in the mood for it now (I tend to buy polishes I am in the mood for right that moment), but I am sure I will be.... soon...

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!