Saturday, July 30, 2011

Boom, Boom, Boom

I've really been liking my Phallic manicure so instead of completely changing my polish yesterday I just added to it.





I layered one coat of Revlon Watermelon Fizz, one of the summer scented polishes, over Illamasqua Phallic.  And I really like it.  The red glass fleck looks really, really cool over the dark blue.  Plus it smells yummy.  I'm pretty sure this Revlon can be opaque by itself; maybe someday I'll give it a go and see.  

I showed my nails to my friend on the train on our way to an Indians game last night and she said, "Did you do that because of the fireworks?"  She was half-kidding, I'm sure, but when I thought about it...this does kind of remind me of fireworks.  We were going to a special game where afterwards there is a huge fireworks display set to classic rock.  It's called Rock 'n Blast and I guess it's a yearly thing.  It was also Dollar Dog Night.  Even though the Indians got totally spanked by the Royals (shudder), I was pleasantly full of many hot dogs as I watched the show.  With a big stupid grin on my face the whole time, I'm sure.  BUT who doesn't LOVE fireworks? 




Pretty, huh?  :)  I love my little city.

Has anyone else tried layering these Revlon scented polishes?  I loved the combination I did a while back with RBL Bikini Bottom and Revlon Colada Fizz, so maybe I'll have to experiment a little more...

9 comments:

  1. It could be a dupe for the new RBL polish Piu Mosso coming out! Except I think that it's orange flecks instead of red. I love this and the fireworks are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these Revlons for layering! I only got Colada Fizz because it's the sheerest so I can basically layer it over anything and make it a glass fleck. This is really pretty! I've been kind of wanting some more of the fizzes, but I'm on a no buy! Must resist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Orange and Grape Fizz. I really loved Orange; I got it opaque in three coats and it stayed for a week with no chips! I got lots of compliments on it too. Right now I'm wearing Grape, which took four layers to be opaque, and I don't quite like it as much as Orange. But awesome to see how cool they can look layered! I'll have to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any of the scented ones..and I LOVE fireworks! I can't watch with out smiling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hard to catch in a photo, but I can imagine what the look is. I bet you can even mix the 2 wet and get a stronger look vs layered look with this - a la something like OPI Merry Midnight kind of thing (only sans the purple). I have not tied any of the scented Revlon yet as I don't buy Revlon, and we have next to non in the one drugstore in my town without making a major drive. I was looking at them on drugstore.com but not sure I can spend any $ until I know if we are going to get our SS checks this month...we are living in total fear of what is going to happen if the $ stops. Like the look a lot from what my imagine can do with the photos here and also blowing them up and lighting them up a tish to see the overlay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Stephanie-I tagged you for another award! Check out my blog tomorrow 8/1

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone!

    And thanks again, Fingers, for thinking of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just layered Appletini Fizz over Sally Hansen Insta Dri Lickety Split Lime and it looks (and smells) great! I can't wait to layer the rest!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!