Friday, July 15, 2011

Coral Fixation: China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy

Yesterday I felt like wearing a neon.  I was wearing an outfit that was completely black (skinnies, button-down, kitten heels) and I thought that a bright color would really liven up the outfit.  China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy just felt so perfect.






Flip Flop Fantasy is a retina-searing coral neon (which I showed you once here).  I like how my camera freaked out at the brightness and the color looks different in every image.  I remember when this collection was coming out this polish was all I could think about for weeks.  Weeks, I tell you!  Then I got it, wore it once, and haven't looked at it since.  Isn't that sad?  Truth be told that happens with most of the polishes that I buy unless I really love them.  That having been said, if I'm going to wear a neon, this is definitely the one I'm going to reach for.  The formula is crappy.  It's really hard to get it even, and even with three coats I have noticeable bald spots.  Actually, I'm surprised they didn't show up so much in the photos.  And of course neon pigment makes the polish dry matte/satin, so if you want this shiny look you'll need to add topcoat.  

Last night I went to the midnight release of...well, I bet you all know.
Things I learned from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2:
1.  Awkward Voldemort hugs are truly the best hugs.
2.  Even with a huge special effects budget and Hollywood movie magic, it is evidently still completely impossible to make Emma Watson look any older than she is right at this moment.
3.  Cleveland LOVES Neville Longbottom.

Seriously, in EVERY SCENE that featured Neville the people in the theatre were clapping and cheering.  I didn't get it.  I clap and cheer when I see Gary Oldman, though, so to each his own (I almost had a happy aneurysm when they showed the new Batman trailer and a very bedraggled G. Oldman is featured prominently; squee!).  I'm a huge HP fan.  When I was 13 I broke my ankle.  I was couch-ridden for a while, and my mom brought me Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone to read.  Ever since then I can't get enough.  I've read the books more times than I'd care to admit.  I feel like I grew up with these characters and I definitely wish Sirius Black was my godfather ;)  But the movie was good.  Very fun, very fulfilling.  They changed a few things from the book, but I was okay with it.  I'm glad I saw it at midnight.  Sigh.  The end of an era.  

That's all for today.  Opinions on Flip Flop Fantasy?  What's your favorite neon polish?  

22 comments:

  1. I love the color of it and want it so badly, but I think everyone has issues with the application :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only want to say that I too love Gary Oldman-he can do no wrong-I esp loved him in True Romance

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Even with a huge special effects budget and Hollywood movie magic, it is evidently still completely impossible to make Emma Watson look any older than she is right at this moment."

    Does this mean they put the 19 years later scene in!?! Yaaay! I can't wait to go see it later today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pixie, with neons I think application issues are just par for the course. I don't own a neon polish that isn't a pain in my ass.

    Fingers, what good taste you have! True Romance Gary Oldman is awesome. I enjoy...every Gary Oldman. Seriously, can't get enough. Favorite actor ever.

    Veronica, I didn't know it was a hot debate whether or not the epilogue would be included. It's part of the book, so I'd assume they'd make it part of the movie. I didn't mean to ruin anything for you! Sorry if I did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My friends and I had the exact same comments about the Voldemort hug and "old" Emma Watson last night on the way home! Hilarious! (Love the bright polish, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. lalalala, not reading, lalalala, don't want a spoiler alert :)

    I love Flip-Flop Fantasy, it my favorite from the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. <3 this polish!!!! Neons are my favorite.

    I don't know when I'm going to see Harry Potter.. my family is going Sunday but I'll be at work. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  8. *la la la la* not reading the HP part of this post until i see it later tonight
    FFF looks soooo great on you. i'm not big on neons but i keep thinking i should get this one. on your tanner skin it just looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Gary Oldman is my all time favorite actor EVER period end of story! Remember Sid and Nancy? His first movie ever?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lindsay, funny story: I am probably the whitest white person ever. My skin is KIND OF blinding it's so white. This polish just makes me look tan. It's that bright.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love this polish ! My bottle is almost empty because I wore it so much last summer. I don't have do much issue with application. This one is probably my favorite neon. I'm rocking Pool Party on my toes now... nice but not as good as Flip Flop Fantasy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I pretty much adore this polish, my fav neon ever - it's a perfect coral-pink for me, but hurts my eyes a bit. I wear it on toes mostly

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are absolutely right about the Voldy hugs... Most awkward/fabulou thing ever. And Richmond, Indiana love us some Neville Longbottom too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, no you didn't ruin it for me or anything! I always assumed it would be in the movie, I just wasn't 100% sure (Obviously, lol). Also, I saw it earlier today and I'm going to have to agree with you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think because Neville was such a fumbling dweeb through most of the books and they cut a lot of his battle against Bellatrix (one of his parents torturers), but you knew that) in the Ministry of Magic, a lot of us were happy to see him brought out. And hey, we always cheer for the nerdy guys.

    Neons are pretty, but I just am unwilling to deal with their PITA-ness.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gary Oldman in Dracula= a very happy me. I can't wait to see it this weekend. We use to go to the midnight shows...this is what happens after you have kiddos. That color looks fierce on you

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha, nerdy guys FTW. I just thought it was funny how much everyone loved Neville. But I shouldn't talk because the first time Remus showed up I said, "IT'S REMUS!!" really loudly. Normally I don't talk in movies, but the combination of about a quarter pound of Sour Patch Kids and the late hour made me a little kooky.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow, i need this nailpolish in my life <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm really loving bright coral right now - that color must have really popped against your black ensemble!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I have a nail polish question - I just got a new polish, essie's super bossa nova, and when i put it on, it dried with a bumpy texture. any thoughts on why that would happen?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't own any neon polish except for the Color Club Psychedelic Scene I bought thinking it was regular yellow.....errm. I have eyed Flip Flop fantasy though, and it just might be the one I could acutally wear, esecially if you say it looks OK on a chalk-white person. I do like the color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. LyddieGal, thanks for commenting and reading! I absolutely love Chic on the Cheap. Your blog is fantastic. I'm going to answer your question on your blog to make sure you get it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!