Friday, July 22, 2011

Coral Fixation: OPI Hot & Spicy

It was a little goal for myself to post every weekday this week.  Weekends I do the barista thing so I don't really have time to change polishes.  So I've met my goal!  It's really hard to find the time to do my nails, so I did my best to really make the time this week.




Here's the next coral in my Coral Fixation series, OPI Hot & Spicy, a nice, heavily orange-leaning coral.  The formula was okay, but after two coats I had bald spots near my cuticles so I ended up doing three (and it's still not even).  This type of coral is entirely too orange for me, but it's still pretty anyway.  This is one of the only polishes I got from OPI's Hong Kong collection, actually.  

The name is fitting for this week because the midwest is having a RIDICULOUS heat wave.  My bedroom is the only room in my third-floor apartment that has air conditioning, and my window unit can't keep up with the hundred degree temperatures.  Even though it's 83 degrees in my room (my window unit has a little thermometer) when I open my door and step out into the hallway it feels like I'm stepping into an oven.  Ugh, it's just terrible.  Little known fact about me because I curb the impulse when I'm with others:  I love driving with my windows down.  I spend a decent amount of time on the highway going from the east to the west side of the city and back, and there's almost nothing better than windows down, music blasting.  In the summer I keep them down and crank the air.  In the fall I keep them down and crank the heat.  It's bliss.  But today...today it was too hot for the windows down even at 70mph and with the air on.  Siiiiiigh.  Thwarted.  But I did see this while I was on my way to my parents'. 



Any opinions on Hot & Spicy?  I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Hopefully I'll talk to you guys on Monday.

10 comments:

  1. I like this. I probably wouldn't like it on myself, but I like it on you! And that sky is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of this, so summery :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bunch of shades from the OPI Hong Kong collection but not this one. Starr Ferry is really amazing from that collection - you need it. Also Pearl of Wisdom (and I am not a white polish fan - but this has blue and pink and all this 'stuff' in it). Dim Sum Plum is a brighter baby sister to the Espanna collection of I Ate Berries in the Canaries - both are fun but I like the latter best. I grew into the Hong Kong collection late via eBay buys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this polish because in the bottle it looks so pink-y awesome. But despite the fact that I typically like orange-leading corals, I just can't bring myself to like this color! No joke, I've tried a solid 5 different times to wear it out but I can barely keep it on my nails for more than an hour. :( Oh well, at least I tried right??

    I live in the South so I definitely can feel your pain on the heat - I pretty much want to cry every time I walk outside. I've also resorted to looking like a bum at all times because any effort I make to get cute is immediately ruined by sweat. Bleh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shade, and I love the way you photographed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey, the longer I wear this shade the more I actually really like it. Normally corals like this are too orange for me, but this one is acceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this color, I think I really need to get it. I have cajun shrimp and I think they are close to the same. Can you PLEASE respond and let me know your favorite top coat, pleez do not tell me seche vite :) Thanks, Ima a polish addict, love this blog so much!
    http://forpinkssake.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read your blog for quite some time but never worked up the courage to post anything. This last post, however, finally pushed me over the edge.

    I have to say that this color... gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cappa_lappa, you're so sweet! Thanks for getting up the courage! I adore comments, so I hope now that you've left one you'll leave more ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. FYI-I will be tagging you for a Sunshine Award tomorrow in my post. I wasnt sure if you checked your emails! I love your blog, it's one of my favorites and wanted to give you some blog love-

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!