Thursday, July 07, 2011

I'm Alive!

Hi everyone!  Just dropping by to let you guys know that I'm still here and to offer my apuppogies for my absence.  Here's what I've been doing for the past week and a half or so.



Talking about German Expressionist paintings and wearing a yellow dress at the Cleveland Museum of Art Summer Solstice Party


Floating in a lake in Apple Valley, Ohio trying not to get sunburned at my 2011 family reunion.  And being an unintentional advertisement for Miller Lite.  I hardly ever drink, and even more rarely do I drink beer, so this is an elusive image.


Being really, really hot and sad in my un-air-conditioned third-floor apartment.  You know when you're so hot that you don't want any parts of your body touching any other parts of your body?  Yeah, that's what's happening here.  And all the time.  

Thank goodness my bedroom has a little window unit so I can at least sleep in an igloo.  The rest of my apartment is absolutely stifling.  Thanks Ohio in July.

I mentioned in my last post that I got a gel manicure (with Gelish), so that's the reason (plus being ridiculously busy and burning the candle at both ends) that I haven't been around to post.  I'm soaking off the gel this weekend, though, because it's growing out and starting to peel off on its own after only a week and a half.  I'm sure floating in lake water for hours didn't help.  Gelish didn't stand a chance against Apple Valley Lake and Coffee Inc. cleaning.

So, that's what's going on.  What about you all?  Anyone do fun stuff for the Fourth of July?  Fireworks?  Picnics?  Do tell. 

11 comments:

  1. ugh, Ohio in July AND August is horrid. September sometimes sucks too. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you hot thing! i love the yellow dress :) and can your middle pic be anymore bathing beauty?! (the beer is classic) love! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love photo dumps :)
    You are such a siren in that yellow dress! Woooo.

    Gah, Mid West during the summer. MI is ridiculously hot during June, July and August. Oof. *shakes fists at humidity*

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so rocking that dress! I've been dying to try Shellac but between the price and the 2 weeks with the same polish, it got me a little iffy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVIN' you in that dress and those shoes! I am dreading the rest of summer here in Houston, but at least we have central heat and air. Can't imagine getting through it with no A/C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress was a total steal on sale at TJMaxx for $39.99. It's Calvin Klein petites, or something like that. I'm so glad I scooped it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, that yellow dress is SO cute! I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A seriously adorable dress! Also what color did you pick out for gelish?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous, I don't know what color it was. The girl didn't tell me. But I said I wanted something that looked like OPI Lincoln Park After Dark. And it did.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I feel your pain with the heat. I too live in an un-AC'ed 3rd floor apartment with only a small AC in my bdrm. There have been some days that it's over 100 in the rest of the place. AWFUL! Especially when it's me, my 8yr old son, my pomeranian and the 3 cats. All in my bedroom. Sometimes, braving the heat is worth it for just 10 minutes of peace. :) But, when you're sweating your butt off, remember that you're not the only one, girl and I FEEL YOUR PAIN! I. FEEL. YOUR. PAIN.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!