Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Revlon Colada Fizz

I finally soaked the Gelish off my nails and I feel so free!  I'm glad I had two and a half solid weeks where I didn't have to worry about my nails (except then I worried about neglecting my blog) but I don't think I'll do the gel thing again.  I really hated removing it.  Anyway, last week I was at Rite Aid before I had to go to work and I totally impulse bought two of the scented polishes (all of them have "fizz" in their names).  When I got home I Googled swatches of the one that looks baby blue in the bottle, Colada Fizz, and found out that it's incredibly sheer.  I was pissed at first...until I decided I'd layer it over one of my favorite polishes, Rescue Beauty Lounge Bikini Bottom.  So here it is!









I didn't know how much I would adore this combination until I finished putting it on.  This is three coats Bikini Bottom, which I've shown you once here, and which we probably all know is pretty sheer.  Then I used two coats of Colada Fizz.  Because this one is so sheer it just gives you this absolutely beautiful silver glass fleck glitter effect.  I could have used one coat of the Revlon and gotten the same result, but I did two just for the hell of it.  Isn't this gorgeous?  It reminds me of the weathered colors of the beach.  My friend said it made her think of an ice princess.  Either way, this is just gorgeous.

Oh yeah, and as you can see this polish is scented.  It smells like coconut, sort of.  It's not too strong and it doesn't bother me.  Although yesterday when I met my boyfriend for lunch he said, "You smell good."  I feel like it was partially the sweet smell of my hands, but who knows.  In any event, the scent of this one isn't too overpowering, so if you like the look of it but aren't into scented polish, don't let that deter you.  

So that's it!  It feels good to post my nails of the day again; I get so antsy when I don't post.  How are you guys feeling about Colada Fizz?  Does the sheerness scare you?  The scent?  I considered layering this with OPI What's With the Cattitude?, but in the end the promise of a squishy, jelly look with Bikini Bottom won out.

8 comments:

  1. What a beautiful color! It looks great! I would love coconut scented nails, so I will definitely have to see if I can find this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these in Walgreens but wasn't too sure about them...but your pics make me want to buy this one! I loooove glass fleck finishes, so I'm def picking this up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost picked it up but noticed it was pretty thin when I opened the bottle.
    Looks great layered~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you could go wrong mixing anything with Bikini Bottom! However the sheer flecks do kick the sheer jelly up a notch. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can totally see the ice princess of it, it's gorgeous! I never really understood the scented polish thing -- how long does the scent actually last? Is it like scratch and sniff or just constantly giving off coconut??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wore this for three days and although the scent faded, it was definitely still there when I took it off. So it sticks around through showers and hand washes and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the only one I was interested in purely for layering reasons. I still haven't seen it in stores yet, though. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can try to find you one and send it along if you want, cilucia.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!