Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sephora by OPI Slushied

A while back my pal Sam got the Sephora by OPI mini Glee polish set, which is good for me because I got to play with them.  Actually, none of the colors really did anything for me in the bottles, but Sam suggested that I try Slushied so I did.






Slushied is a bright turquoise-y creme.  As I said, in the bottle this one didn't do much for me, but on my nails...I really like it.  I don't normally love blues, but this one is just really, really pretty.  This same thing happened to me with another blue last summer, H&M U Must Have This.  Slushied is a darker version of that color, but is along the same lines.  Even with the itty-bitty brush that came with the mini bottle application still wasn't too difficult.  The polish had a really nice formula and I only needed two coats.  I'm really glad I was able to borrow this one!  


Just for fun, here's the mini Slushied bottle next to a full-sized Sephora by OPI polish (Go With the Flow-er).  This prompts me to ask a question that Lorelai Gilmore asked Luke Danes about his tiny tv:  how long has Slushied been away from its mother?  It's a cute little bottle but dude.  It's super tiny.  

That's all for today!  I was up bright and early this morning forty minutes before my alarm (why my grad student body is waking me up at 6:40 I'll never know) so I had time to write a post.  And I'm glad.  I've been missing you guys lately.

7 comments:

  1. Man you're not kidding! That is one tiny bottle. I think the brush would drive me nuts! I've been missing you as well. I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it on you! Bright nails are so fun. The tiny bottle is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh pretty. That bottle is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you for quoting Gilmore Girls. New Sally Hansen Xtreme wears at my Target today, they almost all look like new shades! Damn this polish ban.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers, thanks, that's sweet. It has been my own little personal goal to post every weekday this week and I'm doing well! Hopefully I haven't just jinxed myself.

    Persnickety Polish and Laura, adorable AND annoying.

    Charlotte, now I want to check out Target...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a new follower, and I just wanted to say that I love your blog (so much so that I went back and read all your entries from the very start)! I love it because it's polish AND personality! You're totally responsible for some of my recent polish purchases, AND you toss in Gilmore Girls references; what more could a girl ask for?

    ReplyDelete
  7. C, that's so sweet! Thank you so much :D

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!