Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Coral Fixation: OPI Are We There Yet?

As predicted I went back to Ulta last weekend for the other coral shade from Touring America.  I made decent tips at work so I decided to treat myself.




See the shimmer in the bottle?


Sorry about my bad cuticles, everyone!  I'm aware of the problem, I just haven't gotten around to fixing it.  Anyway, here's Are We There Yet?  It's so pretty.  It's like I Eat Mainely Lobster's more playful, lighthearted sister.  It's a beautiful, orange leaning, almost...melon-y coral.  With nearly undetectable shimmer.  I only noticed it when I was in bright sunlight.  I really, really love this coral.  I can't find anything bad to say about this polish, either.  It was opaque in two coats, the formula was nice...good job, OPI!  

When I got Are We There Yet? I thought it might be really similar to OPI Naples Syrup (not pictured) but I was really wrong.  When I went through my black label box searching for comparable colors I surprisingly came up short.  The coral I have that comes closest to Are We There Yet? is Sinful Colors Hazard.


L-R:  OPI Ecuadorable Coral, OPI Back in the Saddle, OPI Are We There Yet?  Sinful Colors Hazard and OPI Home on the O-Range


Hazard has really fine pearlescent shimmer running through it, though, while Are We There Yet has bigger gold shimmer particles.  Close, but not a dupe.

What else there is to say about this one, I'm not sure.  If you like corals go out and pick this up because it's definitely worth it.  I think I like it better than I Eat Mainely Lobster, but I'll probably have to live with it on my hands for a couple of days before I make that decision.  


That's all for today.  I'm not feeling very verbose for once, so I'll let you guys talk in the comments instead!  Opinions on this polish?  A favorite coral polish?  A fun story about your weekend?  I really want to know :)

10 comments:

  1. The shimmer is a great touch - pretty polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you with all your corals! Very pretty! If you're interested I was recently inspired to make my own nail polish blog! If you're interested check it out! :) Hope I didn't sound too 'spamy' lol. http://lacquerednerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog was actually what made me realize, "holy crap, coral polish is AMAZING, and WHY don't I have one!?" Somehow I had like 45 polishes and had never bought a coral. I have been hunting ever since but still can't find The One. Sally Hansen's CSM in Coral Fever looks like my dream coral in the bottle, but sadly doesn't look that way on my nails.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lemming this one big time. It's as we have said - odd for fall collection, but since it's warm where I live until late Oct - I don't care. And I am low on great corals -it's been a sleepy color in most brands but I feel a come back for it - it got a bad rap with coral and mauves being mom shades. I think they need to be in every line as a main stay of classic shades.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these melony oranges remind me of papayas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you please describe or compare(on your nails) the shades of AWTY and OPI's Hot and Spicy? I have H&S but it's just too vibrant for my preference and now I'm thinking about buying AWTY but I have read somewhere that it is very similar to H&S.

    Thx:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty nails, I will paint me with this color, the brand of the product is one of the best one sin the cosmetic world !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am wearing 'are we there yet' and it is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!