Thursday, August 11, 2011

Coral Fixation: OPI I Eat Mainely Lobster

Guess what!  My friend lent me a camera.  It's actually the same one as my dead camera, just a little bit older.  Yay!  


Fall has been in the air the past couple nights.  I turned off my air conditioner and slept with my windows open for the first time since early June.  I was even a little chilly.  So I guess it's fitting that yesterday I went over to Ulta and picked up a few of the OPI Touring America polishes.  I was torn between I Eat Mainely Lobster and Are We There Yet?, but in the end I came away with the former.  I'm sure I'll return for the latter this weekend.







So here's my newest little coral friend, OPI I Eat Mainely Lobster.  First of all, I love the name.  This summer has been full of lobster jokes between my friend from New England and I.  When I saw this one in the bottle I kind of wasn't crazy about it.  I thought that it was too pinky-red.  But on my nails...I'm pretty into it.  It's this gorgeous, warm coral with even more gorgeous magenta and gold shimmer.  The formula actually seemed kind of thick to me, which is weird because I've been reading about how it's watery.  Maybe I got a funny bottle.  I used three coats here.  Is this a good fall color?  I don't know.  But I'll be really, really happy to be sporting this one in the last days of summer.  If you're into corals, pinks or reds, check this one out.  


That's all for today.  Who is interested in picking up I Eat Mainely Lobster?  What are everyone's picks from Touring America?  I have to say, just by looking at the collection in person at Ulta yesterday I feel like OPI kind of hit it out of the park (which is good for me because I wasn't crazy about Texas at all).  Alright!  I'm off to hang out at the art museum all day!  Things can't be so bad with a day like that, right?  ;)

20 comments:

  1. Yeah you have a camera! I just bought this for my friend in a swap-I don't do pinks but she is excited to get this! Isn't your favorite coffee mug with a lobster on it??? I got Road house blues for myself. The others I feel I already have in other brands. plus the OPI brush is too big for my nails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog about a week ago, and I'm really enjoying it. So I'm glad to see you have a camera to use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm really into corals, though, so that's probably why! Have fun at the art museum- that sounds like a fun day. I'm really interested in Art History, I'm thinking that might be my major. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I'm going to get this one up along with Road House Blues. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a camera! And awesome color! I think I need to add this to my OPI Fall list. I need ... almost this entire collection. Texas didn't do much for me, but I have five of those anyway. *gulp*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, camera! Lobster didn't initially catch my eye but it looks so nice on you, it kind of makes me want it. I can't decide between Uh-Oh Roll Down the Window and Westside Warrior from CG's fall collection...and I'm thinking maybe I should just go for the green I really want, which is Illamasqua Hectic. Oh, and Road House Blues maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this color, I have to say I havent even seen this collection so I must go and look...lately I've been getting Zoya polishes because of their deals (buy one get 2 free). Yes, I did not like Texas at all

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you got a camera to use! Love this color... I couldn't decided which to buy from this collection and I have a feeling I'll be back to the store to buy more after seeing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! I want this polish for the name alone (I'm originally from Maine), hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you that you have both an ULTA store and they have the fall OPI collection out. I don't have either. I am waiting for this one and only 60 miles away beauty supply to get the collection in so I can see it in person as I have had such mixed feelings on a lot of the shades in this collection - it needs to grown on me when I see it in person finally -maybe by first of next month...so much for life in the boonies - glad you got a new camera.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I ordered a couple of polishes from Touring America and this is one of them. I'm so looking forward to it! It looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the name! This was the standout in the touring america collection for me. If it was a tad more read, it would really look like lobster =P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks ladies!

    And C, pick up Hectic. I don't think you'll regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Given I haven't seen most of the collections in person yet but I've felt like just about all the collections that have come out this fall I'm not interested in. Zoya 'Smoke and Mirrors' has been the one exception. I'm not entirely sure anything is going to beat Orly's Cosmic FX from last year. Space themed nail polish? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I picked this up last week! I love that is has shimmer in it. It's very similar to a polish I already have (CND Tropic Coral) but I think I like it better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi! I need some advice. I love OPI's lunch at the delhi to death but im so upset that they have discountinued it. Are you familiar with that shade and is this coral(lobster) shade similar?Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I completely dig "Mainely Lobster" which is surprising because it is out of my pink polish comfort zone. It looks so pretty with tanned toes. I personally feel it is more summery than fallish but I love it nonetheless! The name was too cute not to give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This reminds me of Revlon mineral lip glaze in continuous coral with the same warm coral+golden sheen...I feel like getting this just to do a matchy-manicure-makeup...

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!