Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Pixel Naughty Bit Nice

Well, I just couldn't stay away.  I'm trying iPhone pictures at the suggestion of a few people, so PLEASE, if you guys hate the quality of these images TELL ME and I'll refrain from using my phone again until I get a camera.


Anyway, this weekend I decided that I just had to get away.  I had a lot of things on my mind (including a girl who decided that she had to talk about me in her Facebook status in a pejorative way.  Really?  I wasn't aware that I was still in middle school, but okay).  I took a terrifying night drive on country roads (sorry again, mom!) down to my parents' lake house in Apple Valley.  It took a couple hours for me to decompress, but once I did I felt great and at ease.  And that's why I chose this color today.





Here we have Pixel Naughty Bit Nice.  I'd never heard of Pixel before, but when I went to Ulta last week I was greeted by a display of these tiny bottles.  The prices weren't marked, but I hypothesized they were $1.99.  It turned out they were $2.49 which I guess isn't bad for a tiny bottle.  Most of the names of the polishes are puns on the "pixel" name of the brand.  Hence "bit" instead of "but."  Silly.  Anyhow, this color is...pretty great.  It has a jelly-creme consistency, kind of akin to Essie Lapis of Luxury.  But the shade...it's like a jellyish version of American Apparel L'Esprit...a really light, airy periwinkle.  And it's GORGEOUS.  It makes me feel calm to look at it.  The downside of this one is that it's pretty sheer.  This is four coats.  But it dried really quickly so it ended up being fine.  Well played, Pixel.  Well played.

I'm back from my lake house weekend today.  As I was on the highway last night I felt all the weight of everything I was running away from sink back down onto me when I saw the city come up over the horizon.  Sigh.  It was hard to get up for work this morning when my alarm went off, but here I am, sittin' in the art library, doin' research on Picasso.  I haven't read about Cubism in foreversies, so it might be kind of fun today.  We'll see.

That's all for today.  Again, tell me if you hate the images.  Please.  Also, who has heard of or tried these Pixel polishes?  I love finding new-to-me brands!  I'm also pretty behind on the whole trends thing, so I could just be living under a rock...

13 comments:

  1. Obviously iPhone pix are not as good as proper camera pix but I'm sure we can wait. Some pix are also better than NO pix or posts.

    Pixel is yet another brand not obtainable in the UK. Pretty colour. Sorry about your troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started my blog with iphone pics! I'd rather see posts from you with these pics than none at all! They aren't as bad as you think! I am so sorry you are going through so much crap in your life. I wish there was something I could do to help! At least know I am in your corner-if that even makes a bit of difference to you! My email is always open if you need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As much as I enjoy your nail-polish pics, I think I enjoy your witty commentary just a bit more. Keep 'em coming -- iphone pics or not. Hope you feel better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. pics are just fine imo, and I like this color. Hope things get better for you soon, facebook should just not exist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colour- such a pretty blue-grey. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are $2.49 now? I would have sworn I bought some for $1.99 a few weeks back--but maybe that was an introductory sale price.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My vote is definitely for iPhone pictures over no pictures or posts. In fact, I enjoy your writing so much, you could just write about the polish with no pictures and I'd still read haha :) And who writes mean things about other people in their Facebook statuses? Whatever they had to say is automatically negated by their immaturity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was so excited to see a new post I don't mind the iPhone pics! I'm actually impressed at the quality of the pics. That polish is beautiful too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this shade. Never hear of this polish either...thanks for the heads up. Now if I only had an ULTA within 450 miles of me!!! I have seen so many GREAT photos taken with iPhones and am always amazed when I compliment the photo and find out they say it was 'just from their iPhone!' No complaints here. It's got to be the best phone camera and then some out there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you had a bad weekend! But glad you did post. :) I bought this color too! I don't think the iPhone pics are too bad, but I might just be partial to phone pics myself! (Exhibit A: my entire "blog.")

    There was a Picasso exhibit this spring at my local art museum that brought a lot of buzz to my adopted city while it was running. I went through it twice ... it was pretty interesting, just seeing how his influences and style evolved over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This polish looks so good. I love the color. I think the phone photos are fine. A post with these photos is much better than no posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. First off this color is just downright amazing, I'm going tomorrow to get it no questions asked haha. Secondly you hypothesized correctly, at least for the first few weeks. on one of my weekly trips to ulta (i know sickening) i saw the Pixel stand go out and all of the polishes were 1.99 and i bought a deep blue holo which turned out to be disgusting, anyhoo i went back the next week to get another color of theirs and I paid 2.49...SUCH A LETDOWN! A little too much money for such a little polish unfortunately =(

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhhh pl0x keep the posts and iphone pics coming...your witty jokes keep it fresh! Check out my blog if you have a minute?

    http://theartofpolish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!