Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Rescue Beauty Lounge Recycle


Recycle is a polish that I had wanted ever since I knew Rescue Beauty Lounge existed.  But I didn't want it as much as, say, Grunge.  Or Drifter.  Or Chinoise.  Or all the myriad RBL polishes that I purchased in 2009 and early 2010.  When the 2010 RBL sale rolled around I finally decided that Recycle needed to be included in my order.  That was November.  It is now August (also, what the hell, it's August?!?!) and I've used it for the first time.






It's what I expected.  A nice, rich green creme.  Indoors you can still tell that it's green, but it looks pretty dark.  In the sun it reminds me of a green LEGO.  Y'know, those little block things that come in bright, rainbow-esque colors.  There's really not much to say about this one.  The formula was of course pretty good.  At first it was kind of watery even though I had shaken/rolled the bottle and let it settle, so I took a chance and shook it again in the middle of my manicure.  Thankfully that solved the problem and didn't produce bubbles, so that's good.  This is two coats with topcoat.  I think Recycle was the last polish from my November RBL sale haul that I had left to use.  This one was definitely worth $9, but even though it's a really nice and really pretty polish, I don't think I'd throw down $18 on it.  But that's just me.

Well, that's all for me today.  This week might be a sparse posting week.  I've got more than a few things on my plate and a lot of things on my mind, and that's not putting me in the best mood.  But, powering through.  For now, anyway.  What does everyone think about Recycle?

11 comments:

  1. I am a green junkie-I have this and absolutely love it! I hope your week gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought it during the sale last Nov., too -- but of course, I haven't worn it yet. It's a beautiful color, though, and you wear it well. Out of curiosity, which top coat do you use with RBLs? I've been using Poshe under SH Insta-Dri, but I'd like to get down to just one top coat. :)

    Aw, I hope life calms down a little bit and your week gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me of Orly, Enchanted Forest, which I LOVE! Looks SO good on you, too. I'm liking the idea of a dark green manicure right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of Orly Enchanted Forest too! It looks lovely! I love deep green nail polish xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. My first really crush in nail polish world. I love this so so much. A friend of mine lent me her bottle and I thought I would die when i returned it to her. But then I got Illamasqua's Rampage for my bday, and it was all good.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it, I've been into a green kick as of late, my next one will be Zoya shaun

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made my way to the RBL website after this- so many beautiful colours! Can't tell if it's good or bad so many colours are sold out! Good for my wallet, Sad for my nails :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like we're having similar weeks :(

    Love greens on others, hate them on me. I really like this shade on you, it's just the right tone. Dark but not too dark, you're right. Definitely worth $9!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I go in and out of love with greens. Right now I'm wearing Zoya "Gemma" and I'm loving those military dusky greens right now. This looks great on you. Glad you got it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have this one on right now! I find all the RBL hard to apply, which sucks because they have awsome colors.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!