Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Dirtiest Sephora Order...Ever?

A while back (and I do mean a while) my friend sent me a Sephora e-giftcard.  I knew immediately what I wanted to use it for, but through a series of shenanigans my items of desire took foreversies to get to me.  But now I finally have them.  One of them is Illamasqua Load.




Illamasqua Load.  Load.  Ha ha and also ha.  How perfect.  We all know the reference, so I won't elaborate on its hilarity--especially the fact that it was released for Valentine's Day with another polish called Throb.  Is it yellow?  Is it white?  I'm going to call it a yellow-tinged white.  And I really love it.  I'm so glad I was able to get this one (with a giftcard, because I wasn't going to pay $14 for it).  With all I've read about this polish I kind of thought it would have the worst formula of all time or something.  Not true.  It was fine (for a white/yellow).  This was three coats and there are still some imperfections, but not enough to make me want to do a fourth coat.  I was careful with application, though.  I waited about two minutes between coats one and two, and then about five between two and three.  

So what else did I order from Sephora?  Another Illamasqua product.  A lipstick!  At $22 I also wouldn't have sprung for this one without a giftcard in-hand.  I chose Maneater, a true matte red.  Then after I checked out I looked at the recap of my order and literally laughed out loud.  

The names of the Illamasqua products combine to make this the dirtiest Sephora order of all time.  So thanks Illamasqua.  Thanks for making me giggle uncontrollably.  My day has improved and you've allowed me to share my immaturity with my readers.  LAUGH WITH ME PEOPLE. 

Thoughts on Load?  On Illamasqua's product-naming tendencies?  On anything?  

<3

15 comments:

  1. Bahaha...that is great! Load is hilarious and indeed, I think that may be the dirtiest Sephora order ever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I try to think about how I could wear all the dirtiest makeup products possible. Load would definitely be on my nails, Maneater could be on my lips, and Deep Throat would have to be on my cheeks (or Orgasm...but Deep Throat is dirtier I think)--that's as far as I've gotten though haha. But I'm glad I'm not alone in this frame of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's hilarious that illamasqua and nars name them such dirty things until
    1.) a 15 year old on youtube does a makeup tutorial with orgasm or deep throat blush
    2.) I have to tell an adult what any of their colors are called.

    Awesome color, load. I wanna see a picture of you wearing maneater!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It makes me feel like a giant prude, but I actually haven't ordered a few Illamasqua products that I might have otherwise, just because of the names. Especially since the colors are so... appropriate to the names. There's one in their new collection called Taint, and it looks... exactly like you'd imagine it would. Why would I want to think about that every time I look at my fingers? Even OPI Uh Oh... from the Touring America collection made me think twice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My last Sephora order included Illamasqua Phallic, which is a lovely deep blue - but I have to say I did think twice about ordering it, just because what will I say if someone asks me what color it is????

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ordinarily, I am not a prudish person at all, but for some reason, off color polish names seem to be the exception. I guess it's because it's something I'm going to talk/blog about with a wide range of different people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Load is definitely one of my all time favorite nail polish names; it makes me giggle (and totally horrifies my husband). Thanks for your post and making me giggle uncontrollably; summer vacation is nearly over and I needed that :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think "Taint" is the grossest one yet. I'm waiting for "Scrotum", a crackle that resembles hairs on your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dirty/weird names crack me up so much I'll go out of my way for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do wonder about the names by this brand-Phallic anyone? I want a job naming polishes. Just think it'd be a fun job!! Sorry am late writing, have been behind in my blog reading!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were in Vegas on vacation and I drug my 16 year old son into Sephora. He spotted Load and took a pic of himself with the bottle, then texted it to his friends and put it on Facebook. *eyeroll*

    @Adrianna - Brilliant! But gross... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Right now my limit for one polish is $7 (but the limit keeps getting bumped higher and higher, grrr!) but I want to get some of these just for the name. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at you with all your corals! Very pretty! If you're interested I was recently inspired to make my own nail polish blog!!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!