Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Nubar Lustful Red

I'm sad to say that today I have iPhone photos for you because I didn't get a chance to take real photos of Lustful Red by Nubar.  I had an incident where I slammed my hand into something only one day after meticulously doing this manicure that was supposed to last me a week and the top layer of my nail ripped off.  Suffice it to say, ouch.  And ew.



Here is Lustful Red in the sun (with my hand perched on my Civic's steering wheel) and in the shade (with my hand clutching a book about The Madonna of Humility [don't ask me about it because I haven't read the book yet so I have no idea what I'm talking about]).  As you can see, the sun really brings out its orange tones while the shade brings out the blue.  In reality it's a cherry red creme.  A really, really nice cherry red creme.  The formula was okay.  A little thin, actually.  I needed three coats for this opacity.

Fun fact:  while I was taking the shade photo I was standing outside the Cleveland Museum of Art (where I intern/have class/live) and one of the art librarians walked by me taking pictures of my hand.  As he continued to walk by I took this picture of the print on my dress to show you all, and now he thinks I'm a psycho.


But I couldn't not show you guys this print.  When I walked into the art history 101 class for which I'm a TA, one of my friends just looked at me, sighed and said, "Ahhh.  Ponies."  I like it when my clothing induces contented sighs or squeals of joy.  I saw this dress on clearance at Urban Outfitters and scooped it up for $21.  I assume it was there because few people are quirky enough to wear stuff like this, but I'm proud to say that this is my fourth article of clothing with all-over horse print.  Evidence:


Prancing unicorns.


Running horses.

Also another blouse from H&M that has horses with saddles all over it.  Haven't had a chance to photograph it.  But, there you have it.  My wardrobe gets weirder by the day and I love it.

That's it for me today.  Who loves red?  Who is willing to admit that they love red?  It's definitely one of my favorite hues for fall, and Nubar does them well. 

Alright, time for me to giddyup!

13 comments:

  1. Aaaaand, now I'm obsessed with your unicorn sweater. Wherever did you get it? Sorry about your hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look AMAZING in the last photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red and I also love horses lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry your nail ripped off, though if it's any comfort, the shorties look smexy! Especially with that red. It took me forever to get into reds but I appreciate a lot of them now.

    Nice ponies :) I'm attempting to rack up clothing items with birds and dinosaurs, myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about your hand! But the swatches are awesome...makes me feel like putting red on right now. And, re: crazy photos, I too have been caught taking shots of my nail swatches to strange looks from my neighbours...oops. And - oh well :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somehow I always assumed that running horses shirt was camo. How did I miss that?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love bright sexy reds like this! I drive a civic too-galapagos green 2004 civic!! Love your clothes

    ReplyDelete
  8. That print is amazing. And it looks like the red nails go perfect with the black and white print! I love it. I need more reds, but I just can't seem to make myself buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love red nails. I always ignore them in favor of weird colors but I've been wearing Revlon Fire Fox for the past couple days and I really like how it looks.

    Cat-print is my horse-pring. I have 2 dresses and 2 shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always take my nail pictures outside my office because it has good light. I have to decide whether to go out the front door and have random passers-by look at me like I'm crazy or to go out the back door and have co-workers look at me like I'm crazy.

    Also, LOVE the unicorn shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm addicted to a red polish, some people say it is boring but I think it is a lovely and feminine touch to every outfit.
    Your prints are always so fun and I just wish to see your dress in its full beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful red! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice shots, you are beautiful by the way, like your expressions.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!