Monday, September 26, 2011

Petites Color Fever Periwinkle

I haven't been around as much as I'd like to, and for that I apologize.  I'm having a small career crisis right now that will hopefully be resolved tomorrow, so just know that all of you guys are in my thoughts and that I am constantly wishing that I had time to do my nails.  Or sleep.  Or eat froyo.  The silver lining is that I'm finally not really sick anymore.  There is a lingering cough, but I feel fine.





I find this color, which is Petites Periwinkle, to be incredibly soothing.  Unfortunately (and symbolically!) it only lasted through the weekend.  I had a big chip by Sunday that I couldn't abide, so I had to take it off.  Anyway, this is a great polish despite that.  The color is a lovely blue-ish purple, and its own name, periwinkle, is its best descriptor.  The formula is excellent for a drug store polish, and this can be found at any Rite-Aid for, I believe, either $2.99 or $3.99.  

I solemnly swear that this will not be my only post this week.  I have another one coming up because I got to do my nails twice this weekend (once on Friday night after an exhibition opening and once on Sunday after Periwinkle failed me).  So I will be back.

Opinions on this polish?  It's one I'm glad to have around, for sure.  

13 comments:

  1. Such a pretty color! I love periwinkles like this. hope you get your crisis resolved soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one, actually, but I haven't tried it yet, except for a quick one-finger swatch. I'm always drawn to this display at rite-aid, but 3.99 for 0.25 oz. of polish just seems relatively expensive for a random drugstore brand, so I haven't picked up too many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this color too, but it chipped for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely one! It reminds me of Zoya Caitlin. They look close on your pictures. Hope everything resolves for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colour! It's like grey and blue, all in one :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this color! I've never found Color Fever, though. I did franken something sorta similar, so I have that to satisfy my periwinkle cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this color...Hope your career issues get resolve fast, and feel better

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this color & I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's nail polish fate!!! I am wearing this color right now! I painted my nails with Periwinkle Friday afternoon, to kick off the start of autumn. I still have it on though because it hasn't chipped on me. But yay for nail polish twins!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reminds me of Zoya Catlyn. I am a sucker for good periwinkles. These Petites are fun - nice shades for a nice price.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time I see this color in a blog I want to go run out and buy it, but I never do. I don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe it's because I have no other petites so it would have no one to group with in my np drawers?

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a nice color, is easier to combine with almost everything, thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bought this color off Ebay and really love it. It's a great formula which is as important to me as the color. Definitely a must have... check out their black diamond too!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!