So, what can you win and how can you win it? First, here's what you'll win.
Congeniality Is My Middle Name
Crown Me Already! (ring nail)
It's MY Year
The winner of this giveaway will receive the full set of OPI Miss Universe polishes. Unused and unopened, of course.
To enter, you must do two things:
1. Become a follower of Short n Chic. To do this, go to the righthand sidebar and click the button that says "Join This Site." Have you done that? Great, you're eligible to win.
2. Comment on this post and include:
Your e-mail address
ALSO this is not required, but if you want to tell someone about this giveaway that would be great. You can text your friend, tell your mom on the phone, post about it on your blog, whatever. I don't need proof of this. I would just appreciate it.
This giveaway will end on Monday, October 31 at 11:59pm. I will announce the winner sometime that week. If the winner does not respond, I will choose another winner.
Pretty easy, right? International readers are eligible too. Anyone can enter, anyone can win as long as you meet the two requirements above.
This giveaway was actually hastened by my unusually good mood. I was going to wait until November to post it, but I'm so weirdly content right at this moment that today seemed like a good time. Why my happy mood?
1. I went out of town this weekend to a clambake hosted by my aunt and uncle (hi Auntie Laura!), and it was really fun and really relaxing. In a way, I'm still basking in the afterglow of getting to spend time with friends and family. The graduate school lifestyle is an amazingly solitary one, so being in the company of loved ones and good conversation is always a treat. The amazing food also helped.
2. Even though I was still technically on vacation today, I popped into work at the museum. I got a lot done, and accomplishment makes me happy.
3. At the beginning of the semester I was taking French. It was a pain in the ass because I had to get up early, the homework took up a ton of time, there were a lot of tests, and I was always late getting to the class for which I TA because I had to run across campus from French to get there. But now I can drop French. I can drop French because I passed a translation test and I was able to semi-struggle through a scholarly article, translating it from French into English. All this means is that I am certifiably able to read French according to my masters program. In a word: yay.
4. I'm getting my bi-annual haircut on Friday, so the anticipation has me excited. You may remember my February haircut, and a similar scintillating frenzy.
Okay, that's it! Good luck everyone! I hope I put you in a good mood too.