Friday, October 28, 2011

OPI Pink Shatter

I can't believe October is almost over.  Next week it's going to be November.  Normally I wouldn't object to the whole course-of-time-month-change thing, but November means the semester is almost over.  And I have way too much stuff to get done for the semester to be almost over.  Sigh.  But my last post in October will be OPI Pink Shatter, since it's breast cancer awareness month.  I haven't mentioned it at all this October, which wasn't intentional.  But anyway, here's the shatter:




Sorry the fleshy part of my ring finger looks kind of shiny.  I have the world's worst paper cut there and I had to put some Neosporin on it.  Ow.  So anyway, this is OPI Pink Shatter.  There isn't much to say about it, actually.  Kind of self-explanatory.  The polish is shimmery, as you can probably see in the bottle, but also pretty sheer.  Don't even think about putting this one over a dark polish; it won't show up.  I actually tried it over Congeniality Is My Middle Name when I first got it, and it was like I hadn't added anything at all.  But if you put it over a light color you get much more interesting results.  You you see it here over American Apparel Coney Island, which I don't have a picture of on its own (but it's a light pink, and an Essie Fiji dupe).  I did really thin coats because I like the dispersed crackle look, but if you use a thicker one you'll get thicker cracks.  Just one coat necessary.

When I first put this one on I didn't like it at all.  Just because it's hot pink, and hot pink isn't me (at all).  But the next day I couldn't stop staring at my nails.  The patterns the polish had created were just really interesting to me, and from far away I thought they looked like pink camouflage or something.  So all in all, I think Pink Shatter is a win for me.  It's only one of two shatters I now own, so I guess the trend really didn't suck me in, huh?

Also, as requested, here's my hair pre-cut.  I'm going this afternoon to have something done to it, though I'm not sure what yet.  I probably won't do much of anything, because I normally don't.  My boyfriend has been in the habit of pointing out my split ends and lamenting my dearth of conditioner for the past couple months, so I finally gave in and made an appointment.  It's getting so long that sometimes I have my elbow on it when I'm lying down and then when I try to get up it turns out badly.


Yes, I'm at the library.  What else is new?

Okay, that's all.  I'll talk to you guys in November!  Also, don't forget to enter my OPI Miss Universe GIVEAWAY if you haven't already.  The whole collection could be yours; click here to find out details.

[This product sent for review.  Questions?  See my disclosure policy.]

11 comments:

  1. this looks great on you! I love it over a pale pink like you chose :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pre cut shot-am dying to see if you do something drastic!! I don't do pink or crackle-so this mani is not for me-

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love shatter combos that are variations of the same color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your post-cut =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the hot pink + shatter is fierce enough for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful color and beautiful design, one of the best ones I have ever seen, so original and cool looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
    Did you create this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?

    Plz respond as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thanks

    http://wiki.musicontology.com/index.php?title=User:PamelaSell
    http://www.sectionone.co.uk/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=MunozAllen
    Feel free to visit my webpage : view all 3 credit scores for free

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heya! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any
    problems with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was
    hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of hard
    work due to no data backup. Do you have any
    solutions to protect against hackers?
    my page: auburn football news

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article.

    I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful
    information. Thanks for the post. I'll definitely comeback.
    Also visit my page ; pizza games to play now

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know whether it's just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering problems with your blog.

    It appears as though some of the text in your posts are running off the screen.
    Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this
    is happening to them as well? This may be a problem
    with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously. Cheers
    Also visit my site pizza games online free for kids

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, every time i used to check website posts here in the early
    hours in the morning, since i like to learn more and more.
    Here is my webpage ; pizza games cooking kids

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!