Monday, November 07, 2011

OPI Fresh Frog of Bel Air

I thought for my first foray into glitter for the holiday season I'd just go for it and pile it on.  I didn't layer this one.  It's just several coats of glitter (which still isn't opaque).  I know I'll have to sandblast this off my nails later, but oh well.  And my pictures aren't great.  I just can't seem to get it right today.  Monday.





Blur for sparkle


Fresh Frog of Bel Air (which, weirdly, is one of two not-so-veiled 90s Will Smith references in this collection; I tried to see if he produced the Muppets movie or something, but no dice...so I don't know what's going on here) is itty bitty green glitter with big silver hex glitter in it.  The formula was good, it's just sheer.  It dried lightning fast.  If you REALLY want this one to be opaque, you're going to either need to be more careful than I was or use four or five coats (I used three).  This is definitely best for layering.


Okay, that's it.  Short and sweet today.  Opinions?  Glitter lovers?  I imagine this will be nice layered over a pink or red for Christmastime.  I'll definitely consider that in the future.  


Iiiiiiin West Philadelphia, born 'n raised...


[this product sent for review.  questions?  see my disclosure policy.  want this polish on your nails?  check out nailpolishdiva.com]

11 comments:

  1. I really wish the Muppets glitters were more opaque! I haven't tried this one yet, what would you layer it over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Iiiiiiin West Philadelphia, born 'n raised..." got me laughing sooo much! =))
    This polish is too sheer for me, but I love Prince from Bel Air! =))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love old school Will Smith- "parents just don't understand" Am not a fan of this glitter- congrats on the 1200 followers! That's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, I saw this at ulta the other day and started to get it and I passed on it. KICKING MYSELF!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted all of these but after seeing how sheer they are, I might have to pass:-( Sad because I love glitter! Excuse Mo! Didn't have this probem though, 2 coats covered for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a beautiful glitter from Julep, I love it but the pain of taking it off has taught me I cannot do glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a pretty color but applies really funky - sheer yet clumpy. I have never been a fan of really big hunky glitter - hard enough to deal with the finer stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, if only for the title =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hm, not sure if I like it...I guess I dont like the big silver things going on there...
    Thanks for swatching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I think you might be interested in my nail polish giveaway :) http://petitfaon.blogspot.com/2011/11/7-h-nail-polishes-giveaway.html

    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  11. These glitter polishes don't seem to be for everyone, but I swear to you all that the foil method of removing them has taught me that I CAN wear them. The sparkle has really been livening up my days. And beachgal, I don't think the formula is too bad on these. I found them to be pretty manageable.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!