Monday, November 14, 2011

OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It and Essie Clambake

Instead of just straight-up glitter I decided to layer this one with a jelly and see how it turned out.  






Success!  I love how this looks.  I used Essie Clambake and OPI Gettin' Miss Piggy With It (the second not-so-veiled 90s Will Smith reference in the collection...I don't get it).  This look is really easy to achieve.  I did one coat of Clambake, let it dry, did two coats of Miss Piggy, and then one more coat of Clambake.  The result is that the glitter looks like it's floating or suspended in the jelly polish.  The glitter particles are like little embers burning in a river of lava or something.  So pretty.



Gettin' Miss Piggy With It is the red version of Fresh Frog of Bel Air.  It's small, red, round glitter and red and silver hexagonal glitter suspended in a clear base.  I know that opacity can be achieved at three or four coats.  But I wanted to try something different with this one.  The formula on the OPI is really good; easy to manipulate with a great dry time.  If you love red or shiny things, I'd recommend Miss Piggy to you.  This glitter really added something special to Clambake.  I can't wait to use the other Muppets glitters for similar manicures.  



See how it glows?  So pretty!

That's all for today.  Has anyone picked up Miss Piggy?  Anyone planning to get their paws on it for the holidays?  I'm sure you could do some really fun things with it...and it's hard to go wrong with sparkle ;)

[This product sent for review.  Questions?  See my disclosure policy.  Want this polish on your nails?  Check out nailpolishdiva.com]

9 comments:

  1. great idea! I like it better this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cool...although I'm still not sure if I'm picking these up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay jelly sandwich!! I love how many possibilities it opens up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice combination, glitter really add a little life in this polish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice combination! Looks really complex with the OPI Jelly and suits your skintone very well! Thanks for showing! Grüzi from Switzerland, Pishi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! I suspect the coral jellies from the OPI Texas Collection would have worked well here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have gone ahead and іncluԁеd a
    link back to youг іnteгnet sitе from one оf mу сliеntelе requеstіng іt.
    I have usеԁ your ωebpage URL: httρ://www.
    bloggeг.сom/comment.g?blogID=1886356564049561094&ροstID=4666257116348644402 and
    blog titlе: Blogger: Short 'n Chic to make certain you get the correct anchor text. If you woud like to check out where your hyperlink has been placed, please contact me at: marcohiller@gmail.com. Thankyou

    https://www.zotero.org/i80equipment
    my site > used bucket trucks for sale

    ReplyDelete
  8. Тheге is certainly a lot to κnoω
    about this topic. I really lіke all of the points you've made.

    http://subeiwkn.multiply.com/journal/item/73/Shopping_forquality_used_bucket_trucks_for_sale
    Also see my page :: buy electric line trucks Online

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!