Friday, November 04, 2011

OPI Meep-Meep-Meep

I don't know when I'll learn that pink just isn't me.




Despite pink not being me, I have to admit that Meep-Meep-Meep from the OPI holiday collection is pretty.  I had trouble capturing its sparkle, hence the weird candid I'm-drinking-a-diet-Dr. Pepper cherry.  I keep seeing this polish described as red, but it's not.  Meep-Meep-Meep is fuchsia, a fiery purple-pink looking color jelly base with glassfleck glitter scattered throughout.  The glitter sparkles gold, blue, purple, pink and red, and in the sun this polish is gorgeous.  My camera just didn't want to capture that and no matter how many photos I took it still didn't look right.  The formula on this was amazing.  Very easy to apply, very pigmented, and only needed two coats.  It practically applied itself, and it dried quickly.  This one actually reminds me of Congeniality Is My Middle Name from Miss Universe, but the shimmer is different and it's a bit less purple.  I also heard through the grapevine that it's really similar to Let Me Entertain You from OPI Burlesque, but I don't have that one to compare.

Best part about this polish?  The name.  Meep indeed.

[This product sent for review.  Questions?  See my disclosure policy.  Want this polish on your own fingers?  Check out nailpolishdiva.com]

6 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be awesome if polish COULD apply itself? Oh the possibilties!! I actually am not a fan of any of this collection. But used to love the two old dudes that sat in the balcony box seats making fun of everyone in the Muppets! I'm sure you care-sorry am rambling today

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my need to get pick on first sight of the Muppet collection if I got no other from the set...but I am a fuchsia gal - you might try fuchsia on your toes next summer - you will maybe find you are drawn to the fuchsia's and magentas. And yes, this is close to Let Me Entertain You of last yr's Burlesque...I like LMEY a lot better - has more shimmer in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this just today! And I am a fuchsia/magenta person, so I'm really looking forward to wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks absolutely fabulous on you, pink or not! I do agree though, that is not a red.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought i'd be skipping this one from the Muppets collection (so far I've only gotten Rainbow Connection, and i've ordered Gone Gonzo and Designer de Better) but you've convinced me. I need this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks guys. I just can't bring myself to love pink. It's just so...pink. Red all the way for me.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!