Thursday, November 17, 2011

OPI Tickle My France-y: Clean Slate

With all of the glitter that has been happening on my nails in the past couple weeks, the other night I decided that I needed a cleansed palette.  A clean slate, if you will.  So I reached for my Almost Favorite Polish Of All Time, OPI Tickle My France-y.




I've of course shown you this one before, maybe more than once.  But repeat performances of nudes are always welcome on my blog.  This one is just amazingly lovely on me, and that's why I always find myself reaching for it.  It's a pinky nude with a drop of purple or gray to it, which places it firmly in the "edgy neutral" camp.  Three coats shown here, but it's usually fine with two.  I don't know why I did three.  It's from the 2008 France Collection, and terror of terrors, I have found that there's now another version of this polish floating around, a "new" version.  I haven't come across it because for some bizarre reason I haven't bought a back-up bottle yet.  Suffice it to say, the newer one doesn't look as awesome and I hope I don't run into it.


Guh.  I know I've reached a weird point in the semester where I hate spending time with almost everyone (except a couple friends and my boyfriend).  Last night my friend texted me and said he had just woken up from a nap.  I became irrationally enraged.  HOW could ANYONE have time for a NAP?!  I don't have time for a nap.  I don't even have time for regular sleep, and there are people who have EXTRA sleep in the middle of the day?!  That was my thought process, at least.  And that's how I know I need a vacation.  Next week will be good.  My boyfriend and I are having dinner with a couple friends next Wednesday, which will kick off my little Thanksgiving break.  Unfortunately for me I won't have time to do nothing over Thanksgiving (as much as I'd love to) but at least I'll have Thursday.  So that's something to be thankful for.


Anyway.  Tickle My France-y.  Thoughts? 

13 comments:

  1. I have it and love it but mine for sure looks different, more mauve than this one, newer version...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too pink and happy for me-am hoping you didn't get irrationally mad at me since I mentioned a nap in my comments on your last post!! I hope you can destress next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Fingers. No, nap comments don't bother me. It was just my mood last night. You know how it goes ;) I'm just tired and bitchy. And grading papers which tends to put me in a worse mood...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this on you and I have to agree that I hope I don't run across the newer version of TMF either. :/ I love the old one I have! Enjoy what you can of your break next week, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite neutral. I wear it all the time at work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great nude, I have been searching for one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This polish looks amazing on you! I have this also, it's so pretty and chic. Mines comes off more mauve on me, isn't it funny?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so clean and pretty. I'm tempted to find a bottle even if it is the "not as pretty" version :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen this one before. I do love it, and I may do some search on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this pure and refreshing shade

    ReplyDelete
  11. Makes a great manicure and pedicure, as I hate bright colors on my toes, even if I love them on others!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!