Monday, November 28, 2011

Pixel Blu Ray Baby

Monday again.  Perhaps the worst Monday.  Coming down off the post-Thanksgiving break high is the worst, and I have a full draft of a paper due tonight and I'm giving a presentation today.  Blah.  But the good news is that I have this little tidbit for you.






With flash.

This is Pixel Blu Ray Baby, and it was a birthday gift from my little cousin, Mattie.  It's very, very pretty.  I was pleasantly surprised by the formula on this one.  The other two Pixel polishes I own are incredibly sheer, but this one is good in two coats.  It's a really nice blue-green shimmer that definitely reminds me of a peacock feather.  I think these are $2.99 at Ulta, so if you're into this type of color run out and get it.  It's almost too pretty to pass up.

Dear Miss Mattie,
Thank you for picking out a birthday present for me!  You did a great job and I can't wait to show my friends this nail polish and tell them that you picked it out.  I also can't wait to see you again and I miss you already!

Mattie's the best and is a PRETTY GOOD Pictionary player as we all discovered on Thanksgiving.  I love my little cousins on my mom's side (HI KATIE MISS YOU) and I hate that I only get to see them a couple times a year.  But I am thankful that I got to hang with Mattie and her brother Jacob on my birthday.  It was a good present in itself.


Also, I think I mentioned my boyfriend brought me birthday roses in my last post.  I took this picture and thought it was too pretty not to share.  The roses were actually mostly wilted and spent by the time I got back from Thanksgiving time with my family (and Black Friday shopping with my mom), but I was glad to have had them for a day or so anyway.  No one before him had ever gotten me flowers before, and I'm always beyond delighted when he brings them.  

So, does anyone else have Blu Ray Baby?  Opinions on the Pixel brand?  Tales of holiday shenanigans?  Spill.

6 comments:

  1. That rose is stunning! Am so jealous you have such an awesome BF to bring you flowers.. I spent 5 days home alone catching up on my napping and magazines and nail polishing! I will get to see my fam at Christmas time and like you-wish I could see them more than once a year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's definitely awesome and thoughtful. Those may even be understatements, especially around birthdaytime. Really, he's wonderful and I love him. And I'm glad he loves me.

    And Fingers, I would love to hang out, nap and read magazines. So I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful roses + beautiful color = great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking for a color like this...got Yodel Me on My Cell and Cuckoo for This Color, they are not quite what I wanted...I must see this one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty color! I've seen these polishes lurking in Ulta, but I've yet to pick one up because I'm not a fan of minis. This is so pretty though, I may have to give them a shot! The first boyfriend that ever got me flowers is now my husband =) Hang on to that one you've got there, he sounds like a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are good winter/Christmas colors?

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!