Friday, December 30, 2011

Revlon Electric

A couple weeks ago all of a sudden I yearned for yellow nail polish.  Then a couple days later I was wandering around Walgreens looking for trail mix when I spotted Revlon Top Speeds on sale for $2.99.  I snatched up Electric, a dupe for Chanel Mimosa (or so they say).




I didn't think I'd love this as much as I do.  It's sunny and happy and makes me feel a little warm and fuzzy inside.  For a yellow the formula was really great.  A little thick, but totally manageable.  I used two and a half coats; some nails had little bald spots so I added a third.  I'm definitely into it and I'm glad I bought this one.  And saved it for a dreary, slightly depressing, after-the-holidays kind of day.  Also, I may have matched it to my outfit.


My dress (worn here as a shirt with a skirt) has little blue and purple irises all over it with cute yellow centers.  Good match, huh?

Anyone else loving yellow right now, or is it just me?  Is it just a summer color?  Acceptable in winter? What do you guys think?

9 comments:

  1. I have Mimosa, but that was before I realized I actually love Revlons! That's adorable on you. :) I find that I really like mustardy/school bus/golden yellows in the fall/winter, so I guess this would be more spring/summer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I was pondering buying Revlon Electric this week but I already have two yellows that I'm not that excited about. Hmm, I may have to get Electric, it looks great on you and matches well with your top. I am grateful for Revlon's trend of copying expensive brands' colors. :) I like this kind of yellow any time of year because it makes me think of delicate flowers which makes me happy. The neon and whitish yellow polishes are ones I like best when it's 115 degrees out and the sun is blasting - as it just fits the weather. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd wear it, so yes, no season preferences when it comes to nail polish color, this one is too amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a fan of any color in any season, so I think this yellow is awesome! I loooove Revlon, it's still my fave brand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been on the fence about Electric, but I think I'll have to snag it up if I can find it. It looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all-what store are you in that nail polish is any where NEAR the trail mix????? Second-my bedroom is sunshine yellow-so I just love it-but I just bought my very first yellow Bettina polish and have yet to try it!!! Love the matchy matchy you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That yellow looks great with your dress! I think there are too many great colors to be limited to just season appropriate ones, so wear them anytime! Plus, in winter especially, you just need something bright to make you happy. I like the look of yellows but I worry that they will clash with my skintone; yellow clothes make me look sickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous yellow! I might need to pick this up instead of the Chanel. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm all about unexpected colors, specially in winter when all the colors disappear ;)
    A few months I tried yellow for the first time and I didn't like it on me but on your nails it looks lovely

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!