Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Essie Armed and Ready

I mentioned in my last post that I ran across a couple Essie spring polishes at Target the other day.  I couldn't resist Armed and Ready.






I'm not quite sure how to describe this one.  The base is a murky brown with a few drops of green thrown in.  The shimmer is bronze/gold and...maybe a little pink?  It's an interesting color.  And of course anything that even comes close to olive green must be on my nails immediately, so that's why I picked this one up.  I love the last photo because it really shows the shimmer in the bottle.  This sloppy manicure was two coats of Armed and Ready.  The formula was thick but not in a bad way.  I could have done just one coat if I had been careful, but I always feel more comfortable doing two, just in case.  This isn't really a color that screams spring, but I'm glad it exists.  It's repeat-manicure material for sure.

Not much more to report.  I haven't been doing too much recently, except watching The Walking Dead alone at night and regretting it soon after.  But I'm just loving it.  AMC has stolen my heart on three separate occasions (Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and now The Walking Dead), and I'm really glad to have the relaxing (and terrifying?) entertainment.

Oh, you know what?  There is one more thing.  I am seeking a bottle of Revlon Whimsical, the Lippmann Glitter in the Air dupe.  There was once a time when I relished the hunt for difficult to locate drug store polishes, but that time has passed.  I thought I was ask if any of you would be willing to swap with me for a bottle of Whimsical.  If so, let me know in the comments--you can also find my e-mail in the Who Am I? section.  I am easy to reach either way.  And I'd be delighted to receive a bottle of the Revlon.

Thanks for reading :)

11 comments:

  1. The shimmer in this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS. gahhh, i need. also, I have a back up of whimsical! :] email me at sarahsnailblog@gmail.com , i'd definitely be happy to swap with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! This looks like a dupe for Estee Lauder's Metallic Sage that I was lusting after this past fall! At $20 a bottle I never bit the bullet, and I am SO excited that I waited! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this one - it would also be a good fun base color for some of the Essie Lux Effects (not the pink and silver hunky glitter ones most likely however but that's just me not liking the hunky glitters). The new Mylar Zoya effects would be fun over a shade like this as well as play with the Finger Paints new 5 different shades of effects. To me, this shade needs a really good shiny top coat if worn alone - it's coming across not glassy enough to me but maybe that's just in the photos?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooooove this color! It's right up my alley. I always buy tons of brightly colored polish because it looks so gorgeous, but I always fall back to neutrals in my daily life. also @beachgal I totally agree, I think Essie as Gold as it Gets would look gorge over this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one kinda looks like Zoya Yara. The flecks in it might be a bit different.

    I love The Walking Dead! I just finished watching Season 1 on Netflix and now I'm working on Season 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ulta has Whimsical for sale online if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like a stalker knowing that this would be the Essie you picked up. I really love this polish, even though I wish the shimmer showed up as much on the nail as it seems to on the bottle. It's the same problem I had with last summer's Braziliant - I'm not a huge orange fan so I bought it thinking the pink would really shine through, but alas it's hardly noticeable unless you're in direct sunlight. Oh well. A&R will still get tons of wear time because I can't resist any type of green and the name kind of makes me feel empowered. Booyah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not a stalker, just a loyal reader! ;)

      Delete
  9. This is such a pretty color-definitely need to pick this up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry but I don't have access to Revlon polishes :( (also Essie's are hard to get) but this one is a stunner, specially this hidden shimmer is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!