Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Joe Fresh Storm

My friend PerryPie sent me some Joe Fresh polishes quite a while ago, and I have one to show you today.


  


This is Storm.  I'll be the first to say that this photo is bad because:
1.  This is under indoor lighting and 
2.  My cuticles look jacked up.  Clearly I have not been sticking to the Lemony Flutter routine (and I haven't).  I solemnly swear I'm going to start putting that stuff on before bed.


I can't say that the color is incredibly unique, but it is incredibly beautiful.  Taupes like this just sing to me.  It's quite cool-toned, with pretty noticeable purple undertones (not as gray as Metro Chic, but not as brown as OPI Over the Taupe).  The formula on this one seemed watery and sheer to me, and after the first coat I was sure I would have to do three to even it out.  But, surprise!  It was perfect after only two.  It dried super quickly, too.  About 10 minutes after applying it I realized that I was late to meet a friend, and after I had grabbed my keys, put on my coat, and rummaged around in my purse I still didn't have any dents in the polish.  Yay.  The only problem is that this chipped REALLY quickly on me.  After about a day I had pretty bad signs of wear, hence the indoor light.  It was already dark by the time I got home from work and took the photo, so I'm sorry about that.


I have been feeling so oddly sentimental lately.  On Monday my boyfriend and I were hanging out, just lying in bed in my semi-dark-from-crappy-winter-light room, and I asked him if he ever consciously made memories.  I've been doing that a lot lately.  Living a moment and deciding right then and there that you're going to remember it as a particularly beautiful one.  Having little to do on a lazy Monday afternoon except lie around in bed with the man I'm in love with merits a beautiful moment.  But yeah, I don't know.  Something about the past couple weeks has made me feel like I have to really live every day; really experience things, good and bad; remember the little things that make me smile or feel warm inside; laugh until I cry; relish the work I'm doing.  Maybe it's because I know that this period in my life is close to ending and I have so much uncertainty about the future.  But whatever has made me feel this way, I'm sort of thankful for it.


Anyway, Storm.  Thoughts?  Have I ever asked you guys what your favorite taupe/mushroom polish is?  I probably have, but tell me again.

4 comments:

  1. You Don't Know Jacques is not only my fave taupe, but probably my fave polish of all time. It's just perfect.

    Have you ever read Perks Of Being A Wallflower? There's this quote in it that I always keep in mind when I'm enjoying poetic moments: "And in that moment, I swear we were infinite." It's from a really perfect scene, and while perhaps overly youthful and silly, I still can't help but crave that kind of infinity in my own life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be the only person in the world who has never read that book. But the quote is beautiful.

      Delete
  2. I live for brown polish-so I have many taupes!! I am not sure I have it from Joe Fresh although I have several from that brand and really love the formula!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great on you - has too much pinky/red in it for me to pull this one off - I wear reds well but when mixed into browns (same for eyeshadows) it makes me look as if my hands are really ruddy - and my eyes with shadows in this hue range like I have cried my eyes out!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!