Monday, January 16, 2012

OPI Wocka Wocka!

So, reds.  You love 'em or you hate 'em.  As many of you probably know, I fall firmly in the love camp.  Warm reds, cool reds, sparkly reds, glittery reds...I'm into them.  Whenever I see them in the bottle I usually think they look boring, but I quickly change my mind when I have them on.





Wocka Wocka! is definitely a cool-toned red, with blue undertones.  I guess I'd call it sort of a cherry red.  But it's not as plain as you might think.  In the first picture you can really see the pink shimmer in the polish that comes out in direct sunlight or even under artificial light.  It sort of adds a whole new dimension to the polish, giving it more depth and making it more interesting.

I mentioned in the giveaway post that this has a flawless formula.  After doing a full manicure with it, I still think that's true.  The polish isn't too thick or too thin, it flows onto the nail nicely and it stayed where I put it.  I think I may have been able to get away with one coat, but I was weirdly caffeinated and shaky while I was doing this (as usual lately; I don't know what my deal is) so I needed two anyway.  My fault, not the polish's.  

So, what do you think?  Do you like this color?  If you do, make sure you enter my Muppets Minis giveaway!  You could win a mini of Wocka Wocka! as well as three other Muppets polishes.  Click here to enter, please.

In other news, it's the last day of my break today.  Which makes me feel like this.



Also this.

At least it's a four-day week...?  Sigh.

11 comments:

  1. This color looks totally different on you than it did on me (it was darker), and I love it. :D Enjoy your last day and get lots of sleep tonight. Blah blah something witty about a short week blah, I got 3 hrs sleep last night and I need coffee, forgive me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you always over cafeinated? Isnt that normal for you??? I am loving this red! So awesome!!! Enjoy your last day! I am at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually sort of cut down on the coffee semi-recently. I'll do a cup in the morning and then MAYBE I will reward myself for staying alive around 3pm with a Sbux soy latte. But yeah, I've tried not to overdo it recently.

      Delete
  3. Next to OPIs I'm Not Really a Waitress this is my other perfect red... I love it!!! And it looks lovely on you!!
    Enjoy your day off, I'm at work... Blah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wearing this colour at the moment too :D I really love the subtle pink shimmer in it, gives it a whole extra dimension

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG this is perfect ! I really like reds too and this one is sooo pretty. It also looks great on you. Great, now I need this polish ! :( ahahah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the polish, and I laughed out loud looking at your last pictures :P.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am fall in the love reds category. I have always leaned toward reds. I like to enhance the pink shimmer to come up in this one with a small coat of one of the scented Revlon's that was out last summer called Grapefruit Fizz.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it (and almost all reds)! Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reds. I hate when people bluntly tell me "It's summer, don't wear red" WHY? I love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is definitely yummy cherry color

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!