Thursday, January 05, 2012

Zoya Adina

I was in Target the other day when I spotted two Essies I hadn't heard of before.  A quick Google search on the ol' iPhone told me that these were new for spring 2012.  Spring.  Winter has barely started yet and I'm seeing spring polishes (don't worry; I bought one and you'll see it soon).  But that got me thinking about my favorite spring releases.  Normally it's the autumn ones that make my heart sing, but every once in a while I'll meet a spring polish that's gorgeous enough to merit its own serenade.  Zoya Adina is one of those polishes.









In spring 2010 Zoya brought us the Reverie collection, which included six pretty polishes, the stand-out of which was this little gem right here.  Adina is a true duochrome, meaning that the color you see is different depending upon the angle at which you're viewing the polish.  Sometimes it's a cool-ish purple, and sometimes an almost acidic green.  The finish is extremely shimmery, as you can see in the last image.  It almost looks like it could be a metallic, but without those ugly brushstrokes.  The formula is nice.  It looks like it's going to be really sheer on the first coat, but it builds up to complete opacity after only two.  

I remember lusting after this one for weeks two years ago.  Then when I finally got it I used it once and shoved it in a drawer, which is what happens with most of my polishes.  But I'm glad I got this one back out.  It's really interesting and beautiful, and I think it looks nice on my short little nails.  

After reading the comments on my last post about cuticle treatments, it became clear that Lush's Lemony Flutter is the general favorite.  So:


This is my face of trepidation (for having just spent $16.11 on a small tub of lotion) and excitement (for having just spent $16.11 on a small tub of [magic?] lotion)

I'll let you all know how my cuticles are doing after I've been using it for a few weeks.  

Anyway, anyone else feel like waxing poetic about Zoya Adina?  If not, then what's your favorite duochrome?

12 comments:

  1. really pretty! Lemony Flutter is amazing! You'll love it :) Seems expensive, but you really only need to use a little bit, so it lasts forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh golly. I've been reading your blog for so long that I remember when you first posted this!! Still looks great on you. :) Loving the short nails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, Adina is amazing - seriously one of my favorite duochromes. Nubar made an awesome duochrome collection a while back too - Purple Beach is one of my favorites, but Peacock Feathers is the king of Nubar multichromes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, let us know how that stuff works! My cuticles suffer horribly during the winter and I've been using the Burt's Bees lemon cuticle butter as well, and it's been helping but it's not perfect. Would happily pay $16 for that stuff if it worked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the purple!

    Please keep us updated on your cuticles! I want to see the results. :) I'll probably go run out and grab this too once I start running low on my other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so confused about the Spring Essies! Are we getting the "Go Overboard" or the "Spring to Invest In"? Or (*crosses fingers and clutches wallet*) both?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My two most absolute favorite duochromes ever: Hard Candy's Beetle and Mac's Bad Fairy. Can't wait to try Lemony Flutter myself. I find that with any cuticle treatment, cream or oil, you have to reapply them throughout the day. I always have one in my purse, nighttable & car. Creme Abricot by Dior (very old school) is way too expensive but soooo fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always seems like a rush with the spring product hitting. Zoya's spring line will be out THIS month - Jan 13th. Essie has been showing what's coming and it was set to spring out in Jan. OPI will be out with the spring Holland collection a tish later than others but soon - Feb 12 is their release date. This is always how the market works - get in the new colors for those who a)are off to resort warm climate b)drive out the Xmas stuff because folks want not to see it anymore, it's over/done. c) even with the spring collection out, some can slide in an early and mid summer line. So this is not anything new I recall 4 collections a yr as standard not any more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to hear how the lush lotion works on your cuticles. I can't believe the Spring Collection for Essie is already out in stores!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you bought Armed and Ready from Essie. I'm obsessed with it. Also, I'm normally super against this color purple but that duochrome is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Funny thing is I bought is Adina months ago and still have yet to wear it! Every time I see it on a blog I wonder wtf! Why haven't I worn this beauty yet! Let me know how lemony flutter works for you. Have never tried it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Orly's Space Cadet is probably my favorite duochrome, if I had to pick one, but Adina's wonderful too! ^_^

    Heck, if it's duochrome I probably love it! I just ordered some from Llarowe, so I anticipate lots of me staring entranced at my nails in the near future...

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!