Tuesday, February 14, 2012

China Glaze Lasso My Heart

I'm not really a Valentine's Day person, but I will admit that I like getting flowers and feeling special.  My boyfriend brings me flowers for no occasion at all, though.  Because he's great.  Regardless of how I feel about Valentine's Day, I decided to do a bit of a themed manicure.  First, China Glaze Lasso My Heart from the Rodeo Diva collection (which I've worn every February 14th for the past three years).




Purple-y/mauve-y/pink-y.  Purple, pink and gold sparkles.  It's a pretty great color.  Two coats.  Good formula.  No complaints.  Holding my China Glaze White Cap bottle because my Rodeo Diva collection is currently living with a friend.  I did this V-Day manicure at her house while we were watching The Walking Dead.  Yaaaaaay zombies.



And then I taped some diagonal lines on top of Lasso My Heart and used Color Club In Bloom (two coats).  Peeled off the tape, sealed with a coat of topcoat, and I was good to go.  Easy enough.  


I wore pink too!  Except this was yesterday, the 13th.  But that's okay.  It's not like I was wearing a pink skirt with flamingos on it or anything (I was).  

That's it.  I hope you're all having a nice day and that you are eating chocolate or those little heart-shaped candies.  I'm not, because I'm at work doing research.  Ain't no candy allowed in the library, folks.  Ah, the life of a grad student in the humanities.

10 comments:

  1. Ok, now I wanna see the flamingo skirt! And I heart that Purple-y/mauve-y/pink-y color!

    have a beautiful day!

    -Gela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gela, this is my flamingo skirt. I forgot to include the link in the post:

      http://shortnchic.blogspot.com/2011/07/black-label-opi-up-amazon-without.html

      Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. I'm not a big fan of valentines day myself-I'd rather get flowers for no reason-not because you have to for the day! Your mani is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that diagonal manicure thingy and that skirt! Every time I see animals printed on clothes I think of you now. Happy Valentine's Day! (Even though, I also dislike V day)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was not paying any attention to CG when this collection was out...we had no outlets for hundreds of miles for it. Finally Sally's did move in slowly into my rural/semi rural area and I started to buy CG (again) as it's what was used at all the shops pre OPI days. Now I find a lot of CG polishes I like much better than OPI shades. Mostly good formula unless I hit on some of those during the transition of axing the 3 carcinogens out. This collection got my attention last yr with a blog showing Wagon Wheel. Then I picked up 2 others out of the collection. This is one that I keep going back and forth on if I need. It seems really close to Diva From Geneva - I need to see a comparison of the two. Tried doing a spit screen but photo lighting was so different I really could not tell. What's you thoughts on the 2 being close or not? Happy V day from yet another like others who really dislike V day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually think that they're nothing alike. The OPI is way pinker. I don't have my bottle to compare, but I would definitely classify Lasso My Heart as a purple, while I would be tempted to call Diva of Geneva a pink.

      Delete
  5. Yea zombies! I'm watching the newest episode right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to come to my library -- we allow food, as long as it's not hot, messy, or smelly. We even give away candy sometimes! Unless, of course, you were in the rare book room....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that sounds nice. The problem with the library that I'm obliged to frequent is that the entire thing is basically a rare book room. But for Halloween they gave us candy (as long as we didn't take it in the reading room!) and last Easter they hid chocolate eggs on our shelves. So it's not all bad. Plus I love my librarian.

      God, I'm a nerd.

      Delete
  7. I absolutely LOVE these nails. I am going to try something like that tomorrow! Not sure what colors I will use, but the diagonal is so cool. Also, I came to your blog to let you know I did a little feature on my blog highlighting my favorite blogs and your blog is one of them!
    Here's the link.

    http://www.aposhmess.com/2012/03/20/blogging-inspiration-gems-of-the-internet/

    xoxo,
    Kassandra

    www.aposhmess.com

    I don't think I've ever commented before, but I have been following your blog for a while ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!