Thursday, February 02, 2012

China Glaze Sneaker Head

I don't know how I feel about polishes making repeat appearances on the ol' blog.  I've done it before, of course.  I know I've posted about China Glaze Sneaker Head within the last six or so months.  But the other day my friend was wearing this bright candy pink/red-looking polish and all of a sudden I wanted that look.  I wanted it real bad.  So I opened up my Helmer, saw Sneaker Head and thought, "This will be perfect!"  Then after the manicure was all done and dried I remembered that I featured this polish here, when I was waxing poetic about lobsters and New England (yes, that's right).  But what's important is that I got the look I wanted.




I don't know what it is about this one that drives me crazy (in a good way).  The formula is okay for an early B3F polish, maybe a little runny.  But fine in two coats!  And the color is this crisp almost but not quite berry-toned red.  There's a little pink thrown in there that makes this not-just-another-red red.  I have used a lot of Sneaker Head.  At least for me.  The bottle is about 25% gone.  If I had to purge my stash and I could only keep ten polishes, this one would make the list.

And I may have matched my sweater to it yesterday.


The sweater is a bit more orange-red, but you get the idea.  Looking at this picture I realize that I went a little crazy with color.  Orange-red cardigan.  Puke/booger green dress.  Turquoise accessory.  What you CAN'T see in the photo is my leopard belt.  And no, I'm not kidding.

Other news...well, nothing really.  Nothing concrete, anyway.  But you know what's the best?  When my boyfriend randomly calls me in the middle of the day to tell me he loves me or hi or to ask how what I'm doing that day or if I'm happy.  The other day he called while I was having lunch all alone-y on my own-y and it instantly made me smile.  Both because I love hearing from him when we're not together and because he always knows exactly what to say to make me laugh...

Okay, I guess that's enough warm-and-fuzzy love talk for today.  So, Sneaker Head.  Do you think it's a polish that merits an encore on Short 'n Chic?  As reds go, how do you all feel about it? 

14 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this China Glaze, but it is very pretty. I'm looking forward to adding this to my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw the title and thought-hey she's done that before! But who's the blog police who says you can't reshow a fab color!! I love this-so make it appear a third time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I featured it again, it would actually constitute the fourth time... ;)

      Delete
  3. This is so pretty. I could never get tired of seeing it :-) The electropop collection really reminds me of the collection Sneakerhead came from (though I can't recall it off hand).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really liking this one, must hunt it down somehow

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking forward to buy is for over a year now, but for some reason I keep ordering other colors. Gosh, I have to change my mind cause that's sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you fall for a red big time, it's meant for you. I have a lot of reds because I love 'em...but some I would be hard pressed to ever part with even if I had to clear out everything and go live in a home where you keep very little 'cause there is no room - and certainly not room for helmers over underwear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this best on my toes, but love it either way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have you tried it with a matte top coat? Great way to change it up and reuse your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the necklace!! Also, I remember seeing sneaker head here before; it's so memorable because of the fun name :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I always get compliments on that necklace when I wear it. My friend picked it up for me from Target.

      Delete
  10. Funnily enough, your mad combo of colours looks really nice! Haha. I didn't even notice it was a mix of colours til you mentioned it.
    I absolutely LOVE colours like Sneaker Head, I never think of them when choosing what polish to wear, no idea why. Sneaker Head is gorgeous, well worth the repost. I feel inspired to dig some out now, thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!