Thursday, March 15, 2012

Update

I have not fallen off the face of the earth.  Well, a little.  You know how when you're in one place for a long time you get a little restless?  Work pressure piles up, the people you spend time around day after day begin to annoy you, and you know it's time to get the hell out.  So that's what I did.  I got a ticket to Colorado and I left Cleveland last Friday as soon as I was done teaching my class.  I arrived in Denver Friday night and spent three days with my family.  I left again Tuesday, spent Wednesday doing laundry and readjusting to both eastern time and daylight savings, and here I am today.


As for my Sinful Colors Giveaway, the winner is Lexi P., whose favorite Disney movies are Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid.  Congratulations, Lexi!


But in the meantime, here are a few pictures of my getaway:



some mountains; they have those in Boulder, I guess.


my cousin Katie, aunt Mary and I at the Denver Art Museum


auntie Mary and I in front of a giant Clyfford Still painting at the Clyfford Still Museum in Denver


Katie and I at dinner


my cousin Zach and I


I ate an artichoke with my cousins


the sunset out the window of the plane right over Cleveland

I was glad to go.  Zach was much smaller last time I saw him, and I love spending time with my aunt.  As we discussed the other night, she used to watch Winnie the Pooh with me on Saturday mornings.  She even slept with me one night to calm me and ended up with a raging case of the chicken pox.  Anyway, I miss her and my cousins all the time, so it was good to go.  But it was also good to get home.

Posts from me might be sparse in the next few weeks, but know that I'm here and I'm thinking about all of you and this blog often.  I hope spring is coming to all of you, too, because it seems to have officially arrived here in CLE (although I should probably knock on wood).

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just need a getaway :) looks like a lovely trip, xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you took some time for yourself and your family. The blog will always be here waiting! I feel restless too sometimes. I just want to pick up and move away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun. Always great to get away and back home to see family! From your photos looks like the snow has really cleared from Denver. Seems they were only short time ago plummeted. There is a new storm moving in from the NW - not sure if it will move across to CO or not and how fast - I hope it slows where I live and gives us a good super long drench - we need it. Way too little rain for us this winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear you were able to jet when you needed to. I absolutely love Colorado. Did you see the murals in the airport?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I missed those...but I was in a hurry both times I was in there. Next time!

      Delete
  5. Jealous! I've never been to Denver, but it's on my list. :) Glad you were able to take some time to do you! My NYC weekend last month was a breath of fresh air -- I wouldn't say I returned completely happy, but significantly less disgruntled than I was before I left.

    Spring in VA is coming ... with a vengeance. I'm scared for summer temps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's supposed to be 75 here tomorrow. Very unusual for this time of year, and that's an understatement.

      Delete
  6. I had no idea your family was in Colorado! I went to college in Boulder, then moved to Denver. I miss it very much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just my mom's sister and her family. I used to spend summers there when I was younger. I like it out there. It's very different from Ohio.

      Delete
  7. Very nice pictures, it's nice to see what are people doing on the other side of the world ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!