Friday, April 06, 2012

China Glaze Fast Track

I'm here!  I took my exams and survived, and only a little worse for wear.  During the course of preparing I:  made myself so nervous I threw up, drank what I assume was several gallons of coffee, and fell asleep for at least an hour under a table in the library.  But now that's done and I can share with you another China Glaze Capitol Colors shade, Fast Track, which would have been called Catnip if the original names had stayed.





Fast Track is a really interesting beige-y, taupe-y color with gold shimmer that also flashes pink and green if you look closely enough in the appropriate lighting conditions.  The formula was a bit thin and sheer, and I did three coats here.  But I love it.  I don't think it's like anything else I own, but it does remind me of a layering combination I once did with Rescue Beauty Lounge Grunge and China Glaze White Cap, which you can see here.  I like Fast Track way better than Smoke and Ashes.  It's been pretty sunny here lately, and I can't stop looking at my hands with this on my nails.  It has that elegant lengthening effect on my fingers.  

Another topic.  To celebrate the completion of my exams my boyfriend brought me pink tulips.  As you know if you've been reading my blog, flowers often elicit squeals of joy from me.  I just love having them around.  I especially love them if they're from my boyfriend.  It's so romantic and thoughtful.



He got me that vase last summer, too.  For just such occasions.

That's all for today.  Opinions on Fast Track?  I'm sure you all knew that this is one I would be picking up.  I can't resist a quirky neutral.

11 comments:

  1. I loved seeing this on you because I just bought it the other day but haven't had a chance to put it on yet. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get this polish but have yet to wear it! I remember when you posted the last flowers the BF got for you-those really are pretty! You've got a keeper!! PS did you really sleep under a table?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. I guess it was more like a desk than a table. Closed in on three sides. Then I pulled the chair in, made a little fort with my coat and voila. Instant sad-grad cave.

      Not my proudest moment.

      Delete
  3. Good lord. I've never actually thrown up because of nerves, but I've been dangerously close! Sorry to hear it but it's over now. (For the record, I have slept under tables at school so I know a bit about that.) :/

    I think this color looks better on you than it will on me. It's funny you mentioned Grunge + White Cap, because that's what I thought of, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so loved the Grunge and White Cap combination. I probably still like it better than this polish. But this is still...A PRETTY GOOD polish.

      Delete
  4. This nail polish keeps chipping on me, any suggestions, I love it but I am getting frustrated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This color is gorgeous! I have put it on my list. And I'm a librarian -- I've seen people asleep in a lot of places but never under a carrel! (I did once witness two undergrads trying to have sex on one, but they really didn't have enough room....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love tulips too--- how thoughtful! I hope your exams go well :) I actually overlooked the Capitol collection; I didn't know there was an original naming; I'm sure they would have lured me in even more! Fast track is quite beautiful--- you have a knack for getting the most interesting neutrals :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Stephanie! I love reading your blog and I'm also a fellow blogger. I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award. If you'd like to participate you can check it out on my blog: http://pulchritudinouspolish.blogspot.com/2012/04/happy-blogiversary.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing colour it looks like candy cream colour, good enough to eat iykwim :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that does look like your combo! Maybe they got the idea from you ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!