Friday, April 20, 2012

Sinful Colors Zeus

You guys.  Thank you for the outpouring of support that has been going on for the past couple of days.  I got so many nice comments and e-mails.  It means more to me than you know that you're all here for me.  If I haven't responded to your e-mail I will!  It's just a busy time for me because it's the end of the semester and I have papers to grade and papers to write myself.  I will be spending a lot of time at the library for the next week and a half, so just bear with me!


And here's what's on my nails now.





Sinful Colors Zeus, which is a periwinkle with pinky-coppery shimmer.  While I was applying this one I almost couldn't believe it was a drug store polish.  It was perfect in two coats and not too thick or too thin.  That rarely happens for me with Sinful Colors.  I'm really into this one, and I don't think a polish can get much better for $1.99.  

I feel like when I started writing this post I was planning on talking about my FEELINGS or something, but now I can't remember what I had in mind.  Maybe that in and of itself is indicative of what I'm feeling right now.  There is just so much stuff in my head and my mind is constantly racing.  I'm not sleeping well at all.  I need to just learn to calm the hell down.  For example!  I got the scores for my comprehensive exams that I was so worried about.  Not only did I pass, I "high passed" (which I think means I got a 90% or better).  Not only did I high pass, I apparently got the highest score.  So I stressed myself out over essentially nothing.  Maybe that should be a lesson to me.  Que sera, sera and all of that nonsense.  

But epiphanies like this don't help my brain to slow down.  They don't help numb me from all of the bad things I've been feeling for the past week.  I wish that my emotions had an on/off switch.  I've been doing my best to laugh as much as I can, and I do think that's helping.  It has to be the little things that help us through, right?  But when the day ends and I crawl into bed, all I really want is to be lying next to someone who loves me.  If you have that you're so lucky.  But maybe finding happiness within myself is what's important?  I really have no idea at this point.  I hope things get easier.

But you guys really did help, and you're all wonderful.  Now, what do you think of Zeus?  

14 comments:

  1. I like Zeus but I like you more, you seem like the sweetest, most honest person. I think that, yes, it is important to find happiness within yourself, but having someone who loves you can really help with that. I hope you'll find someone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zeus is a great color on you! :) Sinful has been knocking it out of the park lately. Also, I think this would make a great alternative to one of the NOPI Kardashian CVS exclusives -- the colors are really close, you don't have to fight with the new NOPI broom brush, the price on the Sinful is better, and you don't have to squick yourself out by buying a Kardashian product!

    I tend to distract myself when I'm upset, too, so I get it. My friends helped me out tremendously through a bit of a heartache last year, so I'd like to pass on the favor. Don't hesitate to drop me a line if you have the time!

    For now I'll leave you with this: http://downtonabbeyonce.tumblr.com/post/12294719090

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this polish a lot. i agree with rach, it looks so much like one of thsoe new NOPI kardashian exclusives.

    sorry to hear about your break up!:[ but i agree, i think it's so so important to be happy with yourself because i think it makes relationships with everyone, and particularly the one you end up loving, so much better and more fulfilling.

    on another note, yay for NYC! i live really close to the city, and it's a great place to be and live.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm told you have to be happy with yourself before you can be happy with someone else-all I think when I read that is "who writes this shit?" Am glad you got the highest score-that's pretty cool. I used to do that in school and people hated me for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha "who wrote this shit?" I totally agree with that sentiment. But maybe there's something to it if people keep repeating it over and over again.

      Delete
    2. Haha, it sounds totally lame but it's really true, I promise :)

      Delete
  5. I LOVE Zeus! I will definitely be going to the drugstore this weekend! Congratulations on doing so well on your comps -- keep remembering that and keep laughing! There are studies that show that smiling/laughing when you're sad really does cheer you up, so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zeus is so pretty! I love those types of polishes, purpley, shimmery, yay. Congrats on doing so well on your exams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you don't know me but I have been lurking on your blog for a while... love the polish, and CONGRATS on your exams!!
    And as far as the personal life goes... my heart goes out to you.. I think most women have been through similar breakups... I think it hurts even more when you realize that it's just not meant to be... just please know that it WILL get better!!! everything in life happens for a reason.. one day, I promise, you will look back at it and will be glad that you made that (hard) decision!! By breaking up with him you just made room for some other awesome guy who will make you 100% happy!!
    You don't even have to respond to this, I just hope it made you feel better =)) {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why can I never find the cool Sinful polishes at Walgreens?!?!? I always just see the boring ones :/

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful colour its suits you so well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!