Tuesday, May 01, 2012

China Glaze Riveting

This'll be a short post.  I just don't want you guys to forget about me ;)






This is China Glaze Riveting, which I know you've seen a hundred times before.  But never on me!  It went really well with the maiden voyage of my Bike Lane Dress, which I got in January.  It was finally warm enough to wear it.  Anyway, Riveting is a fiery orange jelly with gold shimmer that's very dense, formula-wise, for a jelly polish.  It only took two coats to be pretty much completely opaque.  I really like it.  It lights up in the sun.  Of the three Capital Colors polishes I got (this one, Fast Track, and Smoke and Ashes), I actually think Fast Track is my favorite.  But this one was really close to claiming that top spot.

Anyway, I feel like I've been doing pretty well the past week.  I powered through my final papers on very little sleep and a lot of caffeine, and that allowed me to focus on other things aside from whatever feelings I might be feeling.  I still have other [time consuming] obligations to complete, but I hope I remain distracted.  


I can't wait to sit in the sun and read Moby Dick.  As Carrie Bradshaw would say:  the best we can do is just breathe and reboot.  And I need that.  I don't have the luxury right now, but maybe soon.


Oh, and happy May.

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that is a really aptly named polish! It's not a color I would wear (I look terrible in orange) but it really *is* riveting to look at! I could watch this like a movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added this polish to my wish list. Looks great on you! Please post a pic of that dress - looks adorable :-)

    Karli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fast Track is also my favorite, followed by Riveting. Then Stone Cold.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see this Riveting, I wonder why I haven't bought it yet! It looks fab with your bike outfit! Did you see my bday card on my post today? Maybe its worth a smile for you? And Call Me Ishmael!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gotta say...even though the only time I read it was for no reason, Moby Dick isn't the first thing I think of when I think "summer reading."

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!