Monday, May 14, 2012

I Need A Little Break

I can't count the number of times that I've written an I-need-a-hiatus post.  But I haven't posted for a while anyway, so I thought I would come back to tell you that I need to leave again.  There are personal things going on in my life that necessitate my full attention and that I can't detail here.  I don't want to let anything negative disrupt my routines, like blogging and talking to you guys on the regular, but unfortunately that can't be the case right now.  Also, this week is busy because I'm graduating on Sunday (!) and there are preparations that need to be made, dresses that need to be picked out, people that need to be seen.  


I've been trying to give myself a mental break over the past few days, and I think that will continue on into this week.  I've been spending every waking (and sleeping, actually) moment with friends and family, trying to get in as much non-alone time as possible.  Cooking lunch with my mom.  Watching baseball with my dad.  Spending time with my best friend before she goes back to Boston for the summer.  Spending time with my oldest friend before she moves to Atlanta in a couple weeks.  Spending time with another friend who I've unintentionally kept on the back burner for years while I've been busy; I realized that he is one of the most important people in my life, and I rarely make time for him.  It's things like this that have been occupying me, and I'm sure it's because I'm realizing that I'm leaving Cleveland soon and that these are the people I love.  And I don't want to be alone all the time anymore.  So I'm constantly spending time with these people; having sleepovers on their floors, watching Planet Earth in our pajamas, eating breakfast for dinner at a [crappy-but-delicious] diner, shopping, laughing, laughing, laughing.  And that's what it's all about, right?


I'll leave you with these images:






My parents' lake house is a couple hours south of here, and I relish my time there.  I don't get to spend much of it down there, but when I do I have moments of pure bliss, like the ones you see above.  The drive relaxes me; one hour on the highway, one hour on windy, hilly country roads.  Then when I get there this is what I see.  I was there with someone new in my life a couple weekends ago, and I remember looking at him at one point (actually, it was during a stop on the drive down) and saying, "I'm deliriously happy right now."  Which is not a sentiment I often, or ever, express.  But that's what I want out of the next couple weeks.  Happiness.  Family.  Friends.  Kitty snuggles.  Hand-holding.  Laughter.  Joy.

To end, if anyone has any suggestions for GRADUATION NAILS I'd certainly appreciate them.  Just leave them in the comments.  I mean, that's if you actually READ this whole post, and if so...kudos.  Edited to add:  my graduation dress is lavender and the gown is black, if that helps with suggestions.

I miss you all.  I'll be back soon.

14 comments:

  1. First congrats on your hard earned graduation! YAY! I think you definitely deserve some time off to just be happy and do whatever comes to mind! I would have no idea what to tell you about graduation nails since I don't know what color dress you are wearing and what color your grad gown is! Maybe you should do a collage of those colors! I'm glad you finally made it to happy and I hope it stays around for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand you need a break, just enjoy yourself ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thumbs up for the graduation gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on graduating! Take some time to enjoy your personal life :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I third (Fourth?) a graduation gradient.

    Congratulations on your graduation! Take the time you need, and we'll be waiting patiently for your return. :) & *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote Zoya Megan with an accent nail. I sweat that greyed out lavender polish like woah and Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Big Money looks killer over it as an accent. Happy graduation! Happy hiatus! Happy deliriously happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do something CRAZY. Like plain pink, red or black. No lavender, too matchy matchy. If you do an accent nail, please don't do ring finger (trite). How about a plain creme with an accent nail other than the ring with just a stamp on it? Though I've never seen you do stamps! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What color makes you happiest? Do that, all out on your nails! Congratulations on your graduation. It's about dang time, right? You go; enjoy each small moment with your family and friends, because yes, that IS what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on graduating! It is such an awesome feeling! :-) Enjoy your hiatus, and we will see you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd say NYC art nails, but I think that's too time consuming for right now. I go with whatever you like best. It can't clash with black and if anyone doesn't like it wih lavender, tough beans.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Do whatcha gotta do to take care of you! Congratulations on graduating!! Love your sense of style and I'm going to miss your posts. I will be patiently waiting your return. Relax and rejuvenate!!
    Love,
    A fellow Art History fan in Southern Cal :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! I'm graduating tomorrow, and since it's my terminal degree, I'm rocking Essie E-nuff is E-nuff. Because, seriously, I've had enough. I'm not sure how it will go with my purple robes, but it is bright and summery and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy graduation, and good luck in the future! As for what nails to do for grad, pick something special to you. I always have a super strong association with what lacquer I wore on a particularly memorable day... from then on it's my "graduation lacquer", or "birthday party lacquer", or "big scary presentation lacquer". Hope that makes sense!

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!