Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Short 'n Chic: Now With a Master's Degree

The past few weeks have sort of been a flurry of activity around here.  On May 20th I graduated with my MA.  I'm not much for ceremonies and such, but I'll admit that it was a nice day.  My mom threw me and two of my friends a little party with tacos and margaritas and a really good cake.  We ate, drank and were merry, and I couldn't ask for anything more.  I'm sure you're dying to know what I wore on my nails, so I'll share some pictures.  Since I don't have a camera right now I haven't been able to do any macro shots of my own hands, so these will have to do.



Sorta looks like I have NOTHING on my nails, doesn't it?  Not so.  It's OPI Bare It In Trafalgar Square, which is one of my favorite nudes.  A lot of you suggested that I do something with a glitter gradient, and I thought about it...I just didn't have the time.  I opted for something easy and chic, and this OPI fit the bill.  


Here's me with my mom and dad after the ceremony.  It was really warm that day and I couldn't wait to get that robe and silly hat off.  I know I said in my last post that my graduation dress was lavender, but when I found out that it was going to be 85 degrees that day I changed my mind last-minute and went strapless.


This great little embroidered peach and white dress is from the H&M "Conscious Collection" and only set me back $19.99.  I added a black belt and black peep-toes to break up the pastels.  I got roughly a million compliments on this outfit, so I think I made the right choice.  And even though Bare It In Trafalgar Square may have been a little matchy-matchy with the peach of the skirt, I still liked how it looked.  The dress is 100% cotton and I don't really remember being hot at all that day.  If you like this dress and live near an H&M I suggest you snap it up.  It's a good deal.


I like this one.  It's my best pal and me walking toward the ceremony.  We had to wear these silly graduation hoods for the MA degree with white and blue.  Anyway, cute photo.  

Aside from graduation, like I mentioned before, I've just been trying to relax a little and spend time with friends and family.  I'm dating someone new now, and I love spending time with him.  Also my best friend is moving to Boston soon, so I keep trying to be with her also.  Over Memorial Day weekend she and I went to my parents' lake house for a partytime with my family.


me on my uncle's boat last Friday night (dress from Target)


a nice sunset


S'mores around the campfire.  That's Essie Bikini So Teeny on my nails, which I am totally in love with.  It's an absolutely gorgeous cornflower with just a hint of shimmer that I thought was perfect for Memorial Day.  

So, that's what's been going on.  If I get a camera soon hopefully I can actually start blogging effectively again.  Maybe I'll try to borrow one soon.  But rest assured that I am busy and happy.  Happier than I've been in a long time, really.  I miss you guys.

19 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! I can't wait to graduate! Lord knows how long it'll take lol. And I love the OPI nude, it looks so chic on you :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I wore Bikini So Teeny over the weekend too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to know you're happy! :D
    shortnchic REALLY suits you/your nails. they're always short and chic! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grats! I can't wait to finish my Masters. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! Your dress is so feminine and gorgeous:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your degree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A HUGE congratulations! I hope there is a job market waiting and wanting you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bare It In Trafalgar Square is one of my favorite polishes, too! And that H&M dress suits your complexion really well.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats!!! I'm so happy for you. I think the nude polish looked very classy and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooohooo! Congratulations! And now, on to the next step in your adventure :-)

    Love the Essie Bikini So Teeny. That's one of my fave colors. Guess I know what my next mani will be!

    Karli

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations for your great achievement! Your parents look proud and really snazzy :) your dress is gorgeous <3 me wants

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I went with a clean nude color for my graduation nails as well. P.S. I love your dress so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad to see a real smile on your face! You look and sound really happy and that's awesome!! Congrats on the graduation! And your smores are making me homesick for my childhood! HAHA! I need that bikini so teeny! And I had it in my hand at target! Damn no buy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulation and you look stunning it this summer dress

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well Boston and NYC aren't that far apart. You two try to stay out of trouble.

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!