Monday, June 18, 2012

BLACK LABEL: OPI Naples Syrup

This polish is an oldie.  But a goodie?  I'm not sure yet.




Naples Syrup is a lightish burnt orange with pink and gold shimmer.  I tried my hardest to get the pink shimmer to show up in the photos, but I was completely unsuccessful.  The polish was a tad sheer so I used three coats, but it has that fantastic chemical-laden OPI black label formula, so it went on smoothly and dried quickly.  I just can't decide if I like it.  I think it's a little too orange for me, even though from far away it looks sort of coral. 

This polish is from the Italian Collection, which brought us such favorites as Italian Love Affair and You're a Pisa Work.  Guys, the puns are OUT OF CONTROL in this collection.  For example, there is one called You Cannoli Imagine.  And here is where I beg:  if anyone has that polish and is willing to part with it, I need it.  Because of the name and because it's a nude.  IT'S NAMED AFTER CANNOLIS.



Sweet.  Jesus.  Ricotta.

Well, this post has devolved into my drooling over Italian pastry, so now is as good a time as any to end it.  Anyone else have Naples Syrup?  How do you feel about it?  Is it a keeper?

6 comments:

  1. I think it looks great on you! so yeah, I would keep it and the name is too sweet!
    I've never heard od YOU CANNOLI IMAGINE but I'm hungry now :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this orange on you! It's kind of a softer orange, which is nice. And "You Cannoli Imagine" is a brilliant name for a polish! Is it just me, or was OPI a lot better at successful punning back in the day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have that polish, but if I ever come across it, it's yours! Your "Sweet. Jesus. Ricotta." got me - lmao. That pretty much sums up how I feel about cannoli's!

    Karli

    ReplyDelete
  4. This website sells some of the collection you're after www.trimandpolish.co.uk (I am not affiliated with them btw) Love your blog!!! you're tres chic!
    Ciao,
    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to read about food and polish :) I have to watch not to talk about food to much when I blog about polish lol but now I am craving canolli....mmmmmmm

    I think this polish needs a little more tan skin or another season, it looks a little fall to me but in a very very good way ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love, love, love your comments, guys! Thanks so much for leaving them! I try to respond to questions either in the comments section or in forthcoming posts, so check back later!